Any idea what changes are in LTS (Hik) NVR firmware V3.3.6_160608 ?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My LTS 4k NVR (LTN8916-P16) came with firmware v3.3.6 build 151026.

LTS offers build 160608, but they do not make available any patch notes. I've emailed their tech support to ask for a changelist, but don't expect a reply since I've never gotten one for any other question. :)

Any other LTS users out there? How do you keep up with firmware changes?

It would be nice if we got a fix for the Gmail SMTP issues.

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whom is lts vs nelly and other "resellers"?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Just got an NVR (LTS8716P16) and am having issues with the email alerts. After talking to a few people, they recommended checking the firmware but I have no idea what is current or what any updates involve.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I contacted LTS tech support about this.

Any way to get notified when there are new firmware releases? Nope.

Any way to see what's in a new firmware release? Nope.

And lastly, any way to know when the Gmail issue may be fixed? Nope.

Disappointing that those are the official positions.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I contacted LTS tech support about this.

Any way to get notified when there are new firmware releases? Nope.

Any way to see what's in a new firmware release? Nope.

And lastly, any way to know when the Gmail issue may be fixed? Nope.

Disappointing that those are the official positions.
That's too bad. I PM'd milkisbad and I'm gonna see what he has to say on the issue.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He helped me reach tech support... I think the published emails are not well monitored, as I got through with his assistance and nowhere without it. Unfortunately I don't think he has more info than support does.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Just got an NVR (LTS8716P16) and am having issues with the email alerts. After talking to a few people, they recommended checking the firmware but I have no idea what is current or what any updates involve.
Latest Firmware is: NVR4_V3.3.2_151208
Link Location is: http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/v6.2/NVR4_V3.3.2_151208.zip

Updates are simple, just download the file to a memory stick and insert into the NVR then update via the menu or download the file to your desktop and update via the web interface.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Link Location is: http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/v6.2/NVR4_V3.3.2_151208.zip

Updates are simple, just download the file to a memory stick and insert into the NVR then update via the menu or download the file to your desktop and update via the web interface.

Most email problems are caused by not enabling 3rd party applications inside gmail - assuming you are using gmail. If you do NOT enable 3rd party application support then gmail will not allow outside hardware/software to send email via its api/interface.

Gmail settings in the NVR should be

Sender: Home NVR
Senders address: youraccount@gmail.com
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
smtp port: 465
Enable SSL: YES
Attached Image: YES
Interval: You set - I do 2 or 3 sec
Authenitication: YES
User Name: Youraccount@gmail.com
Password: Duh
Confirm: Duh

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Most email problems are caused by not enabling 3rd party applications inside gmail - assuming you are using gmail. If you do NOT enable 3rd party application support then gmail will not allow outside hardware/software to send email via its api/interface.

Gmail settings in the NVR should be

Sender: Home NVR
Senders address: youraccount@gmail.com
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
smtp port: 465
Enable SSL: YES
Attached Image: YES
Interval: You set - I do 2 or 3 sec
Authenitication: YES
User Name: Youraccount@gmail.com
Password: Duh
Confirm: Duh
Zero,
You are my saving grace on this forum! It looks like my firmware is up to date so i'll leave that alone.
I'm actually not using gmail, though i'm going to try. Here is a link to a thread I started related to the issue.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14328-Another-Email-issue-not-gmail

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@zero-degrees --

Thanks for posting that config. To be clear, is this Gmail config working for you on a unit which used Gmail before, but stopped working when Google changed their TLS settings?

And, by "enabling 3rd party applications" do you mean this "allow less secure apps to access your account" procedure?
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Thanks for clarifying!

Hey, Sendgrid users -- have any of you noticed that your email will stop working periodically? I go about 1 week and then all my email stops working until I go into the NVR settings and give it a hug -- send a test email, turn email links off/on again on the cameras. Not sure if the problem is Sendgrid or my NVR, but the NVR worked find with Gmail without these interruptions so I assume it's somehow a Sendgrid compatibility issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zero,
You are my saving grace on this forum! It looks like my firmware is up to date so i'll leave that alone.
I'm actually not using gmail, though i'm going to try. Here is a link to a thread I started related to the issue.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14328-Another-Email-issue-not-gmail
Tried your exact gmail settings with no success (I allowed third party apps in google settings).
I also checked port 465 using yougetsignal.com and it said port 465 was closed. Could this be the problem?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I also checked port 465 using yougetsignal.com and it said port 465 was closed. Could this be the problem?
The email server access is outbound from your network - so an inbound 'open port' test is not relevant.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The email server access is outbound from your network - so an inbound 'open port' test is not relevant.
Good point. Would doing the same check from inside the network count for anything? I'm just at a loss here with this email thing. I cannot figure out what the problem is.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. Would doing the same check from inside the network count for anything?
It would do no harm to check that the email server is listening on the port you think it is, for example:
Code:
alastair@PC-I5 ~ $ telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
Trying 74.125.133.109...
Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP r142sm9816813wme.10 - gsmtp
EHLO there
250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [2.28.10.158]
250-SIZE 35882577
250-8BITMIME
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-CHUNKING
250 SMTPUTF8
QUIT