Any new solutions to accessing cams on SMART TV IVMS?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found an old thread here regarding viewing our cams on smart tv's but no solution in the end. Wondering if possible to simply download ivms on a droid based smart tv, is this possible now? other option is to run an HDMI from the NVR but would prefer to use my Lan.

But can IVMS be downloaded on these smart TVs from the play store?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Found an old thread here regarding viewing our cams on smart tv's but no solution in the end. Wondering if possible to simply download ivms on a droid based smart tv, is this possible now? other option is to run an HDMI from the NVR but would prefer to use my Lan.

But can IVMS be downloaded on these smart TVs from the play store?
any android box can do it..fire tv, etc..
There are also hdmi over tcp/ip devices that can send hdmi over lan. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hdmi+over+ip&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+over+ip

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: NVR

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have my 7832-E2 running nicely on a Andriod TV box, along with Showbox & Netflix lol

Reactions: NVR
Reaction score
I have six DS-2CD2132-I's managed by the ASUSTOR NAS Surveillance Center. Along with that I have each camera setup with ezviz. I have the same quest on viewing all feeds on the same screen. Using the Amazon FireTV doesn't work so well in practice. You have to side load APK's and then your left with no rotate function (required by some applications). Using a Minix X5 works for about 5 minutes and then the OS freezes. I suspect some kind of memory leak due to poor or cheap code.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have six DS-2CD2132-I's managed by the ASUSTOR NAS Surveillance Center. Along with that I have each camera setup with ezviz. I have the same quest on viewing all feeds on the same screen. Using the Amazon FireTV doesn't work so well in practice. You have to side load APK's and then your left with no rotate function (required by some applications). Using a Minix X5 works for about 5 minutes and then the OS freezes. I suspect some kind of memory leak due to poor or cheap code.
Ipcamviewer and tiny Cam run fine on fire stick

Sent via Taptalk

Reaction score
I'll have to take a look. I saw those applications but felt that Hikvision should port over the ezviz application to the firetv.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look. I saw those applications but felt that Hikvision should port over the ezviz application to the firetv.
Try ivms4500... The other apps are cheap and have free versions

Sent via Taptalk

Reaction score
Sorry. I'm was talking about ivms4500. It's not in the app store for the firetv. Plus even if it was you still would need to have rotate functionally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Then just use the others..

Sent via Taptalk

Reaction score
Hello!
I know, it's an old thread, but I think my problem relates...
We want to install an access for our client via android tv box on his TV. We already tried several different android boxes with the app iVMS-4500, but we are not able to open the main menu and add a new device. It is just not available. The options button on the remote of the box does nothing and the red button on the top of the app is not visible. As I already mentioned, we tried different android boxes and had the same layout every time. Are we missing something here? Or is there another way to get the live stream on a normal TV (no smart TV)? Using a smartphone or tablet should be the last option because of the price...
Thank you!

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need to use IVMS-4500 HD version this set out correctly but what you will find on most android tv box's is they lag to much.

for it to work smoothly you need a 4gb box.

TheWookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I know, it's an old thread, but I think my problem relates...
We want to install an access for our client via android tv box on his TV. We already tried several different android boxes with the app iVMS-4500, but we are not able to open the main menu and add a new device. It is just not available. The options button on the remote of the box does nothing and the red button on the top of the app is not visible. As I already mentioned, we tried different android boxes and had the same layout every time. Are we missing something here? Or is there another way to get the live stream on a normal TV (no smart TV)? Using a smartphone or tablet should be the last option because of the price...
Thank you!
Did you ever find a solution ? I have same problem but can't find any help as to why I can't see the menus ?

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution ? I have same problem but can't find any help as to why I can't see the menus ?
The iVMS-4500 HD works very well on my 65" TV using my $65 USD Android TV box. I am using a Mecool M8S Pro L (Amlogic S912 with 3 gig ram and 32 gig storage). When I am not ** watching TV **, I usually have this app running. I can play the recordings in 16x speed without any issues..

Reaction score
The iVMS-4500 HD works very well on my 65" TV using my $65 USD Android TV box. I am using a Mecool M8S Pro L (Amlogic S912 with 3 gig ram and 32 gig storage). When I am not ** watching TV **, I usually have this app running. I can play the recordings in 16x speed without any issues..
Same Problem, I can't open the menu... I'll return the Mecool M8S Pro. Very disappointing :(

Reaction score
I just realised what the actual problem is: the display orientation. You are not able to open the menu in landscape view (tried it on my smartphone). I will try to force a rotation to protrait view and hope it will work. If yes, I'll write a workaround

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same Problem, I can't open the menu... I'll return the Mecool M8S Pro. Very disappointing :(
Strange, never had a problem on any of my Android devices.....

Edit: It works on my older, Android LG phone and my real old 10" Android tablet. It does open in landscape mode (which it should), without any issues......

Last edited:

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just realised what the actual problem is: the display orientation. You are not able to open the menu in landscape view (tried it on my smartphone). I will try to force a rotation to protrait view and hope it will work. If yes, I'll write a workaround
To get the iVMS-4500 HD, you have to use another "store". I used Aptoid and searched for iVMS and the 4500 HD app showed up. When I installed it, it just worked, of course I had to configure the information about my cams/NVR.

Reaction score
The iVMS-4500 HD shows the Menu in landscape mode, thank you very much! I remember that the HD app didn't work on the other 3 android boxes I tried. Luckily, it works this time.