Any way to play an alert sound when "Viewer" icon is active?

Reaction score
Did not find this possibility discussed anywhere. I'd like Blue Iris to play a sound whenever someone is attempting to access the web server. The "Viewer" icon illuminates when this happens, but to draw my attention, I'd like an audible signal. Any Blue Iris setting to permit this?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think what you want is available from the Options icon, Users tab, then edit a user, and at the bottom check the "On longin play sound" box. Do this for each user you want to monitor.

Reaction score
I think what you want is available from the Options icon, Users tab, then edit a user, and at the bottom check the "On longin play sound" box. Do this for each user you want to monitor.

Thanks, but I was not thorough in my need: I need the sound to play when ANYONE is attempting to log-in. When someone, not an authorized user, is attempting to log-in, the "Viewer" icon illuminates, but I usually don't know the attempt was made till later when I look at the "Connection" in the "Status". I want to be notified by sound while the hacker is trying to log-in! The current "On login play sound" works only when an authorized user is logging in! I have no concerns with my authorized users, but I am wishing to keep an eye on the hackers.

Since the "Veiwer" icon illuminates, I know Blue Iris "sees" the attempt, so I just want Blue Iris to also play a sound!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont think its possible. Email support and ask Ken to add feature. Seems like a good idea to me.

cb1946

n3wb
Reaction score
Anonimous is the place to do this. You can play "Strangers in the night" if you wish.