Anybody familiar with Dahua 58xx 5816/32 NVRs?

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,

so I'm intrigued by this 58xx line by Dahua like NVR5832-4KS2 NVR5832-16P-4KS2 etc.? (the 16P is the POE switch version

But I don't see anything about 58xx on the USA website, only the international one

I've seen some sellers on US stores sell them, but they ship direct from China - here's an example: Dahua NVR5832-4KS2 Video Recorder 32 Channel 2U 4K&H.265 Pro Network Video Recorder - Newegg.com

Is anyone familiar with them? They look fairly beefy w/ 320Mbps incoming data rate

What are the concerns buying a non-US NVR?

Thanks

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Id have to say the majority here dont buy the US versions, They have very few of the models available, and they're more expensive. No concerns at all if you by from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY here on the forum. Here's his dedicated forum:
EmpireTech Andy
Just curious, why do you say no concerns - is it that they're upgradable with machine-branded (non-OEM) firmware, or ...?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, Andy's cameras are upgradeable and with Dahua firmware. And he's proven to be a reliable supplier for MANY on here.

They are genuine Dahua sometimes even still have the label/logo

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If you buy a USA Dahua NVR, you get a 3 year warranty through Dahua USA, yes you can actually call them for support, the downside is you will pay a premium for that feature.
You can buy virtually the same NVR from Andy and save yourself some $$$ and get all the free support here on this site. Through my work I HAVE to use Dahua USA re-sellers and its the same hardware as Andy has , Just re branded for the US market. 100's of guys here have purchased from @EMPIRETECANDY with no issues. I guess its whats your comfort level is.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey,

so I'm intrigued by this 58xx line by Dahua like NVR5832-4KS2 NVR5832-16P-4KS2 etc.? (the 16P is the POE switch version

But I don't see anything about 58xx on the USA website, only the international one

I've seen some sellers on US stores sell them, but they ship direct from China - here's an example: Dahua NVR5832-4KS2 Video Recorder 32 Channel 2U 4K&H.265 Pro Network Video Recorder - Newegg.com

Is anyone familiar with them? They look fairly beefy w/ 320Mbps incoming data rate

What are the concerns buying a non-US NVR?

Thanks
Even the USA Resellers source ALL Dahua products from The PRC, No getting around it.

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not seeing the 58xx line from any USA resellers is what I'm saying

Only direct from PRC

That's what I thought was unusual. Nobody has quite addressed the OP yet, sorry if it wasn't clear.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As I mentioned, US distributors dont carry the full line, and they are usually 1+ years behind on the newest products.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not seeing the 58xx line from any USA resellers is what I'm saying

Only direct from PRC

That's what I thought was unusual. Nobody has quite addressed the OP yet, sorry if it wasn't clear.
I believe if you want those features like raid, you will have to go to the 6a series of Ultra NVR's Seems The USA Market does not have the 58 series.
link--->

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe if you want those features like raid, you will have to go to the 6a series of Ultra NVR's Seems The USA Market does not have the 58 series.
link--->
That's a great looking NVR but likely a bit more beefy (and expensive) than my client wants.

But there's no real issue getting the international version, right? I think I found the firmware here: Firmwares

I am going to start another thread specific to firmware so this doesn't go off course. Thanks for your help everyone.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a great looking NVR but likely a bit more beefy (and expensive) than my client wants.

But there's no real issue getting the international version, right? I think I found the firmware here: Firmwares

I am going to start another thread specific to firmware so this doesn't go off course. Thanks for your help everyone.
You should have no issues.