Anybody know what this BI Error is?

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just spotted this error in the log this morning and wondered if anyone could shed some light:

Failed.jpg

Thanx in advance for your help.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure exactly, but it only started when I started using the new Zones for detecting motion. I have two systems setup. One no new Zone motion detection, and this one does not have any of those errors. The second system, my test system, I have setup different zones and motion detection, and I see a few of those errors on the cameras that I am testing.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera is an Amcrest IP2M-842 and is straight out of the box. No custom settings, zones, etc...
Just wondering.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm only guessing, but "HW VA" sounds like Hardware Video Acceleration. "-3" sounds like an error code.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is not a camera error, it is a BlueIris error. I have setup 3 of 10 cameras with the new Zone motion object detection. They are the only cameras that show this error. The number behind the error on my system are all different.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardware Video Acceleration is part of Blue Iris, and the error is shown in Blue Iris' error log, so of course it is a Blue Iris error. If the camera has a slightly incompatible h264 encoder, it could be what causes the error. I don't have any of these errors in my system.

If you do not have Intel hardware accelerated decoding enabled, then my guess is wrong. But if you do have it enabled, you could try disabling it for the cameras associated with this error and see if the error no longer comes up. Either that or just ask Blue Iris support. Surely he would know the meaning of each of these errors.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the system that I am showing those errors, I did have the Hardware Acceleration turned on. But, the only cameras that are showing the error are the ones that I just setup multiple Zones, and enabled motion object detection. Somehow these two scenarios have created the error, maybe using more information from the camera. Just turned off Hardware Acceleration to see what happens to the error, probably will go away. Thanks for the insight.