Anyone attempt to use FLIR Secure with Dahua NVR

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
I am helping a friend build his camera setup and I am looking to leverage getting some Dahua products from @EMPIRETECANDY . I have a Lorex NVR and use the FLIR Secure mobile app. The free version works fine (could it be better? Sure! But that could be said about a lot of things). I am looking at a Dahua NVR for a buddy of mine but from what I have read on the forum, most people aren't thrilled with the iDMSS app. My friend really wants an app to see the cameras. Since Lorex is rebranded Dahua, I am wondering if the FLIR Secure app would work with the Dahua NVR.

Anyone with a Dahua mind downloading the free app and see if it works? I think the setup I went through was just scanning a QR code on the NVR.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have 4K Lorex and their cloud based FLIR app. That app is so easy to use same with it's setup ...love it!! But it's going back to Lorex. I dislike how limited it is and their cameras are inferior compared to Dahua. I took apart Lorex NVR and 16PoE Dahua NVR and their hardware is identical. My take is go with Dahua but be prepared to learn a lot about IPs...I mean a lot. Lorex is super easy to use. I will try to see if i can sneak FLIR thru my Dahua NVR as i like how i get my push notifications thru FLIR hence all of them are in Sub Stream. I cant get the same sub stream thru iDMSS+ as it only comes in Main Stream and it's supper slow.

Soto78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey bud, did you ever find the answer? I'm trying to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk