Anyone got 2way-audio with a Hikvision camera?

klaparp

n3wb
Reaction score
I promised a solution to a Customer, without knowing it would be so difficult.

The Customer wants to be able to speak to external speakers, through blueiris / a camera located outdoor.

Is there anyone that has been sucesssful in setting up a similar solution, preferably with hikvision but any suggestions is apreciated.

/hW

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

The Customer wants to be able to speak to external speakers, through blueiris / a camera located outdoor.

Is there anyone that has been sucesssful in setting up a similar solution, preferably with hikvision but any suggestions is apreciated.

/hW
Lol good luck ! Two audio not a good idea with a security camera .

You can do it but it would be more frustrating then anything

klaparp

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont really need 2 way, only from client to camera..

spebby

n3wb
Reaction score

/hW
If you have a HikVision camera where the model # ends in a "S", then you have the ability to have 2 way audio. The only HikVision camera that I am aware of is the mini-dome camera upload_2017-2-15_19-28-35.png. You need a speaker and microphone. See this link: Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 3MP IR Vandal Mini-Dome Review

Using Blue Iris I think (but not positive) the sound must be in the camera stream.

Last edited:

klaparp

n3wb
Reaction score
Customer wants to speak TO the camera and an attached loudspeaker.

I know the stream has to be embedded in rtsp but even so its hard to know if it will work. It was Ken that told me to ask here for referenses of working cameras.

spebby

n3wb
Reaction score
If the HikVision camera's model # ends in a "S", then your customer can speak to the camera. The camera where the model number ends in a "S" has attachments (leads) for a speaker and microphone. See the picture of the camera in the link posted in a previous post to this thread, if the camera has the green connectors, then you can attach a speaker. Otherwise it's not possible.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
speaker is a misnomer. what you need is a "powered" speaker. There is no drive power from the camera. that is where most of the pain starts because to get a powered speaker you need power and the entire thing needs to be weather tight, so you probably need to tap off of the PoE to get a daisy chained 12V line to the amplifier for the speaker enclosure plus 12V to the camera. There are other ways, but none are easy for external use. Good luck.

klaparp

n3wb
Reaction score
I know about the "s" in the model, that was not my question. I want to know if anyone really tested and got it working.
Waterproof, external speaker, power for it is also secondary problems. First i want the sound to get there, I can test it with earphones if I have to. No need to worry about the rest until there is sound.

spebby

n3wb
Reaction score
I know about the "s" in the model, that was not my question. I want to know if anyone really tested and got it working.
Waterproof, external speaker, power for it is also secondary problems. First i want the sound to get there, I can test it with earphones if I have to. No need to worry about the rest until there is sound.
I have gotten sound and a microphone to work with a HikVision DS-2CD2132F-IS dome camera. In my case I did not need a waterproof speaker even though the speaker is outside (it's under a 4 ft eave). Power was not an issue, I was able to run an extension cord. I have several POE 4 port switches mounted under the eave also, and they are not weatherproof. Both the speaker and POE switches have been in place for 2 years with no issue. I mention the POE switches just to indicate a dry environment outside. They are not used with the Dome camera.

klaparp

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats a good answer! How bad is the delay for talkback?

spebby

n3wb
Reaction score
Talkback delay is not an issue. I suppose internet speed would be a big factor in delay, I am almost always using Wi-Fi, much faster than 3G. My biggest issue is both the speaker and microphone are about 30 ft. from the camera. The microphone will not pickup at that distance. The mic and speaker need a good separation to prevent feedback. I will post a picture tomorrow of my setup.

Edit: The e-mail (so I know motion was detected) causes the biggest delay. I am working on that. I am using IP Cam Viewer.

Last edited:

cstout1118

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello spebby. Can you please tell me what microphone and speaker you used to hook up to your Hikvision camera? Thanks.