Anyone have an XC-2942F?

knifemaker

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered a model DS-2CD2942F on ebay, and the unit that came is labeled XC-2942F....
...(obviously different)

so I hooked it up and to configure it, and it wont let me change the right network ip address settings to communicate with my network/server/nvr (if you forgive my shotgun approach to terminology here!)

help! Did they send me the wrong camera? Or did I order the wrong model to begin with?

also it came with instructions for something called "cloud P2P quick start guide".... Will this work with blue iris?

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
and it wont let me change the right network ip address settings to communicate with my network/server/nvr
By what method?
Directly with the browser, indirectly with SADP?
And what password did you try to make the change with?

The classic password was 12345, the newer default password is 123456789abc, the newer method is no password but required to set a strong one via the 'Device activation' dialogue.
Suggestion:
If you know the IP address of the camera - change your PC IP address to be on the same segment.
Access the camera via the browser and hopefully progress from there.
And when you do, you can see the model number in the configuration pages.

knifemaker

n3wb
Reaction score
In the SADP, I tried no password and 12345 and both fail. The seller told me the xc prefix to the model number means it's been 'unbranded' of all hikvision names, and the password is 'IE' so I'll try that and the other password you provided,when I get time. If that doesn't work I'll try your process of using the camera ip...then i suppose ill return it...seller seems to be helpful

Thanks for the info!