Anyone Have Experience With The SD6AL245U

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen or used the SD6AL245U? I was thinking about getting the SD6AL230F until I stumbled upon this. It seems to have a better sensor? I would like to hear some opinions. Also, has anyone bought from cctv-mall? It's the only place I have been able to find it.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t have neither any experience with this model nor the shop.
If you want a reputable shop, just ask @EMPIRETECANDY to give you a quote. He could get you nearly everything. Maybe it could take a little time for him to get it from factory, but with the other shop you also don’t know if it’s really on stock and how long it would take.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How long does it usually take him to reply? I sent him a message yesterday and I haven't heard back yet.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If no one has experience with the SD6AL245U. Then maybe at least someone can tell me the difference between the 1/1.9” 2Megapixel CMOS and the 1/2.8” 2Megapixel STARVIS™ CMOS?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Starvis always sounds good. That’s the one the Starlight models go with. Better night view etc.
Normally he replies fast. I don’t know where you’re from. I’m in Europe and Andy is eight hours in front of my time. If you are from the US he’s probably 15 hours ahead. So with this in mind just have a Little patience, I’m sure he’ll come back to you soon.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The Starvis sensor is a great sensor with better night time image. Be aware that the SD6AL245U shows the same image for the IR and laser model.
CCTV mall is ok, Andy will beat their price by time you add shipping / customs . I let him know you were interested in buying... You will wait about 3 weeks for this unit no matter where you order.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone here seen or used the SD6AL245U? I was thinking about getting the SD6AL230F until I stumbled upon this. It seems to have a better sensor? I would like to hear some opinions. Also, has anyone bought from cctv-mall? It's the only place I have been able to find it.
This camera i booked 4pcs for a Canadian guy last month, around 4 weeks booking. You can use SD6AE240V-HNI. This one we have some stock.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you would be very happy with the SD6AE240V-HNI, It has one of the best pictures for their cams at a good price. And if he has them in stock, you will get it very fast...

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The price difference isn't much and waiting isn't an issue. My question is the SD6AL245U-HNI a better camera?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
They are almost the same camera even though the 245 is 5x more zoom.
I think the 240 is the better camera because the aperture F1.2 will give you a better picture.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of my recording is done at night and I have a trail I monitor thats about 300 meters from the camera. I thought the Laser IR in the SD6AL245U would be better and what about the larger video sensor, is it an improvement over the SD6AE240V.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I would think the laser would be able to reach out there much better than the IR, but I have never used a laser PTZ.
I think they had a misprint on the DORI Distance because they are the same for the IR and laser on the SD6AL245U-HNI. ( But you can't really believe their specs on IR distance)

As far as the sensor go, they are the same @ 1/2.8, it does not jump up until the 10A248 @ 1/1.9
I have both the cameras with the different sensors and I would say they are pretty close to each other with the F1.2 being a crisper /sharper image.
I hope to post some video this weekend of the 10A248 which is the 1.9 sensor.