Anyone have issues with the latest may 14th update?

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems that since the May 14th Blue Iris 64 update, one of my cams, a hikvision DS-2CD752MF has reverted back to an old behavior I'd fixed some time ago. As an object moves through its field of view, at several points, it will smear/trail for a moment. Was fine for months and just started it again with the last update, no other changes anywhere.

I'd previously fixed it with adjusting frame rate/Iframe rate, and changing the "camera model" on BI from a generic "RTSP .264" to "Hikvision other RTSP" Now, after playing with a lot of the different "camera models" and misc settings, nothing changes it. Per BI, CPU is running as it always has, wavering between 30-90%, but, it worked fine with that previously.

It doesn't do this when viewed through VLC player with the RTSP "network stream". or through Android IPCamViewer over wifi or 4g. Both pull video from the same RTSP port.

I may be confused as far as where BI gets its video from on this cam (this cam has vexed me from the beginning and I've never seen much documentation on this model), but I think BI gets video from a different port (HTTP) than I use for the VLC Player network stream. It seemed to change at times, as it gets a higher resolution look, then a noticeably lesser resolution at times. No idea. I'm not well versed in Hikvision and its ports, this is just a learning project. Newer Hiks may be different in how they do things portwise. Dunno...

I see this issue live over BI, as well as on its recordings, both D2D and through BI encoding (no difference between D2D and BI encoded)...

Yes, there is IR reflection etc on this old cam. Lots of it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n39ubf3jcbqk1ze/Cam3.20150516_011318_1.avi?dl=0

Thoughts/comments? Thanks!

Nyago123

n3wb
Reaction score
Performance for me on the latest update is much worse. I do run over RDP but the last version worked fine in terms of frame rate but now the console updates its video once, say, every 5 seconds.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Performance for me on the latest update is much worse. I do run over RDP but the last version worked fine in terms of frame rate but now the console updates its video once, say, every 5 seconds.
Welcome to the forum..under blue iris options >cameras setup display during remote destop session to unrestricted..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems that since the May 14th Blue Iris 64 update, one of my cams, a hikvision DS-2CD752MF has reverted back to an old behavior I'd fixed some time ago. As an object moves through its field of view, at several points, it will smear/trail for a moment. Was fine for months and just started it again with the last update, no other changes anywhere.

I'd previously fixed it with adjusting frame rate/Iframe rate, and changing the "camera model" on BI from a generic "RTSP .264" to "Hikvision other RTSP" Now, after playing with a lot of the different "camera models" and misc settings, nothing changes it. Per BI, CPU is running as it always has, wavering between 30-90%, but, it worked fine with that previously.

It doesn't do this when viewed through VLC player with the RTSP "network stream". or through Android IPCamViewer over wifi or 4g. Both pull video from the same RTSP port.

I may be confused as far as where BI gets its video from on this cam (this cam has vexed me from the beginning and I've never seen much documentation on this model), but I think BI gets video from a different port (HTTP) than I use for the VLC Player network stream. It seemed to change at times, as it gets a higher resolution look, then a noticeably lesser resolution at times. No idea. I'm not well versed in Hikvision and its ports, this is just a learning project. Newer Hiks may be different in how they do things portwise. Dunno...

I see this issue live over BI, as well as on its recordings, both D2D and through BI encoding (no difference between D2D and BI encoded)...

Yes, there is IR reflection etc on this old cam. Lots of it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n39ubf3jcbqk1ze/Cam3.20150516_011318_1.avi?dl=0

Thoughts/comments? Thanks!
Set the blue iris frame rate to one step above your cameras frame rate...and unckeck adjust automatically.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there Fenderman, you must never sleep.

This cam is odd. The cam, on its own interface, is (currently) set to Frame rate 18, and Iframe at 18, max bitrate 2048.

At the BI interface, it shows the cam's framerate wavers from 7-15.30 and bit rate is around 256. I've set the BI framerate at 15 now, and have used different setting up to 30. The "adjust automatically" box is not checked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there Fenderman, you must never sleep.

This cam is odd. The cam, on its own interface, is (currently) set to Frame rate 18, and Iframe at 18, max bitrate 2048.

At the BI interface, it shows the cam's framerate wavers from 7-15.30 and bit rate is around 256. I've set the BI framerate at 15 now, and have used different setting up to 30. The "adjust automatically" box is not checked.
try changing from the hikvision rtsp to one of the other hikvision options and see if it helps...

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sadly, have tried all the Hikvision models. :( None seem to be any different. Trying my best to cover the bases before I bother the pros, lol..

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Umm... By the way, you guys are the pro's I'm referring to.

But, about ready to chuck this cam when money gets freed up. Not that it is bad itself, but if Blue Iris suddenly isn't cool with it, it's not much use for me. dropping frame rate to 10 helps it a bit but still jerky. Sadly, it used to be good to go till the update. You'd think it was some simple setting, but, I'm sure not getting there....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Umm... By the way, you guys are the pro's I'm referring to.

But, about ready to chuck this cam when money gets freed up. Not that it is bad itself, but if Blue Iris suddenly isn't cool with it, it's not much use for me. dropping frame rate to 10 helps it a bit but still jerky. Sadly, it used to be good to go till the update. You'd think it was some simple setting, but, I'm sure not getting there....
I would email support and see what he says..only he would know what was changed if anything.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was in contact for a bit w/Ken. Gave him access to the offending camera. And, Monday's 4.09 had some timing tweaks that did the trick, all back to normal now. I must say, I really appreciated the assistance. The day before the update, I needed video from that camera to help ID a car thief. I was at least able to pull some stills that were decent and helped ID the guy as he walked around the neighborhood several times for 40 minutes before stealing the car and being chased by the owner.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was in contact for a bit w/Ken. Gave him access to the offending camera. And, Monday's 4.09 had some timing tweaks that did the trick, all back to normal now. I must say, I really appreciated the assistance. The day before the update, I needed video from that camera to help ID a car thief. I was at least able to pull some stills that were decent and helped ID the guy as he walked around the neighborhood several times for 40 minutes before stealing the car and being chased by the owner.
Good to know it was resolved and that you were able to catch ID the dude.