Anyone try the new FI9803 series Foscams?

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm assuming these are new models since user reviews are just starting to be posted on places like Amazon.
FI9803P wifi model
FI9803EP POE model

The few reviews that are posted are fairly positive. Personally I have both a Hikvision 2032 and a Foscam FI8905w.
I love the Hikvisions HD clarity but I also love the IR strength of the Foscam (as long as its far enough away from the subject matter since it really blasts it). Would love something that's at least 720p but with powerful IR.

http://foscam.us/products/fi9803p-plug-play-1-0-megapixel-1280x720p-h-264-outdoor-wireless-ip-camera.html

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision has several cameras that have powerful IR like the http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013101905071668213.pdf which is rated at 50m vs the 30m on the 2032..
They also have the Hikvision DS-2CD2T32 which can be had with 30, 50 or 80m ir....
Note that the foscam may appear to have better ir only because it is a low resolution camera...its not the ir that is stronger but rather low res cameras will have better night vision and low light vision. Same with 720p vs 3mp...you might want to try a 1.3mp hikvision or a 2mp version like the hikvision ds-2cd2t22
Also the foscam has a small 50 degree fov so the ir can be focused on smaller area.

burky39

n3wb
Reaction score

Note that the foscam may appear to have better ir only because it is a low resolution camera...its not the ir that is stronger but rather low res cameras will have better night vision and low light vision. Same with 720p vs 3mp...you might want to try a 1.3mp hikvision or a 2mp version like the hikvision ds-2cd2t22
Also the foscam has a small 50 degree fov so the ir can be focused on smaller area.
Wow! I don't know where you are getting your information from but I just received the FI9803 camera and it is awesome! It is NOT low resolution but a 720x1280 frame (~1M pixel) and has a very wide 75° diagonal field of view.

I see this is an old post I am responding to and perhaps Foscam has significantly updated their model since then, but it is nothing like you are describing.

The image quality is excellent and the H.264 compression does the best of any camera I have installed yet. Very low bandwidth with good images! I am seeing about 250Kbs for a 10 fps stream at 720x1280 over my network. That's pretty dang good compared to other cameras I've used! Further it is the first camera I've noticed that seems to have automatic video gain control (the lack of which has always been one of my pet peeves with other cameras). As the intensity of the sunlight changes, that camera seems to automatically adjust based on what I am seeing so far.

The IR range is not only better than anything I have tried yet (over a dozen cameras tried over the last 6 years) but the quality and clarity of the image is just fabulous. I could not be more pleased.
[:)}

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! I don't know where you are getting your information from but I just received the FI9803 camera and it is awesome! It is NOT low resolution but a 720x1280 frame (~1M pixel) and has a very wide 75° diagonal field of view.

I see this is an old post I am responding to and perhaps Foscam has significantly updated their model since then, but it is nothing like you are describing.

The image quality is excellent and the H.264 compression does the best of any camera I have installed yet. Very low bandwidth with good images! I am seeing about 250Kbs for a 10 fps stream at 720x1280 over my network. That's pretty dang good compared to other cameras I've used! Further it is the first camera I've noticed that seems to have automatic video gain control (the lack of which has always been one of my pet peeves with other cameras). As the intensity of the sunlight changes, that camera seems to automatically adjust based on what I am seeing so far.

The IR range is not only better than anything I have tried yet (over a dozen cameras tried over the last 6 years) but the quality and clarity of the image is just fabulous. I could not be more pleased.
[:)}
I am not sure where you are getting your info. So let me correct you.
First error, 720 is not high res. Its higher than vga crap they still peddle to unsuspecting buyers, but low compared to the standard in 2016 which is 1080p.
Second error, the viewing angle is listed now at 70 degrees on their website (they are using a "wide" 2.8mm lens" . Even if its as you state a 75 degree DIAGONAL viewing angle, that translates into a lower horizontal viewing angle - there is a difference, learn it. A basic 4mm hikvision gets more than when set to 1080p. A 2.8mm hikvision will get to almost 100 degrees of horizontal viewing.
The only reason why you are pleased with the bitrate is because in the past you have used foscams crappy mjpeg cameras.
The only reason you are pleased with 720p is because you have obviously not looked at 1080p cameras.
You have obviously tried crap cameras if the foscam is best.
So, its you who has the misinformation. You will never convince me or other seasoned users/installers that a foscam is a good buy.
Gotta be crazy to buy this nasty looking bullet when I can get a 1080p hikvision turret for about 100 or so.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Made me look at Foscam cam range after over two years since I gave up on them, seems like they are mainly stuck with overpriced 720p cams with a few new 1080p. UI is the same and IQ even on newer 1080p is still lame.

burky39

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears that you have some anger management issues, my friend. You might want to work on the nature of your confrontational style and strive to mellow out a bit. :)

I don't know why you think you need to correct me, and where you believe your superior knowledge comes from, but a touch of humility might just do you some good.

Your attempts at demonstrating your superior knowledge gave me some chuckles. I worked in radio/TV for 10 years and was the Chief Engineer of a station for many years. I have designed TV cameras (albeit analog) and have designed three computers, being the chief architect for one of them, and on the design team for the first automotive engine computer.

So my credentials in both analog and digital worlds are pretty firm and covered with numerous patents.

I hate to tell you, but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Re the "First Error" please be advised that the Industry Standard definition for HD includes BOTH 720 and 1080 scan parameters. Sure the 1080 format is considerable more resolution, but again you are inappropriately focused on the wrong issue, when you keep harping on only resolution, unless you are just trying to impress someone. Your narrow focus sounds like you would buy a 4K 27" TV (if they made one) just because it has such awesome resolution.

My selection of a 720x1080 camera is based on the fact that it's image will never be used on a screen any bigger than 5-12 inches, thus it makes no sense to pay for more than I need as I am not trying to impress anyone but just get a job done in a reasonable a cost/performance manner. I assume others will have similar viewing conditions (smart phone / tablet / 32" security cam monitors / etc) and won't benefit and don't need to pay more for true HD resolution.

I'm afraid you will have to convince the European (EBU) and American (NTSC) standards organizations that they do not align with your standard definition (good luck on that) as the Industry definitions clearly include 720x1080 frames.
HDstds.jpg

The EBU specification comprises 4 HDTV production systems: (NOTE the first one)
• System 1 (S1) with 1280 horizontal samples and 720 active lines in progressive scan with a frame rateof 50Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 2 (S2) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in interlaced scan with a frame rateof 25Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 3 (S3) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in progressive scan and a frame rateof 25Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 4 (S4) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in progressive scan at a frame rate of50Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.

Re my 2nd error. I clearly stated 75° diagonal viewing angle. If you prefer a 70° horizontal designation, fine, but do the math they are the same and thus make you look foolish when you try to correct me and tell me to "learn the difference". Apparently you need to learn math and how to remove the chip on your shoulder and politely interact with others.

Again with the angle you are solely focused on numbers and not on practical, and use oriented criteria. I am using the camera to monitor a front door entry area. A 70° view is more than enough (given where I have to mount the camera) to do the job and any more is just wasted clutter viewing.

To assume that I have not looked at 1080 cameras is both a false assumption and an uncalled for attack on my intelligence, again making your comment look very inconsiderate and thoughtless. Using a 1080 camera to fulfill my need brings me little advantage but more cost.

I don't think any of my above comments convey any "misinformation". I'll accept your apology (but don't expect to ever see one) for your inaccurate comment there.

Finally, I guess "beauty" must be in the eye of the beholder as I fail to see any greater beauty in the Hikvison unit on the right and the Foscam on the left (which I think is actually better looking).
cams.jpg

Bottom line. It sure does appear that for whatever reasons you have a great dislike of Foscam and it has clearly colored your objectivity and blinded you to possible progress they may have made over time.

I don't claim they are the best, and I agree they have shortcomings in their interfaces and firmware, but for some applications they may be a good price/performance fit to some user's needs and your closed mind and negative comments may prevent some folks from finding a perfectly adequate and low cost solution.

I think you would do more justice to this forum by giving people knowledge (good/bad/indifferent) so they can make their own "informed" decisions, rather than ranting on with selected negative comments that don't even appear to be accurate and up to date.

Just sayin'

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bottom line foscams are overpriced crap and if you cant see that then your credentials are meaningless.. just goes to show what happens when technology leaves you in the dust.. hell 1080p (2MP) is low resolution now days with 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, up to 12MP cameras have been on the market for some time..

what does broadcast standards have to do with security cameras? nothing at all.. this is not about displaying on a screen this is about recording pixels so you can identify details.. you need a few hundred pixels for a face, so more pixels means more details and and when analyzing security video you can easily zoom/crop on the activity.. higher resolution means you can expand out to a wider FOV while maintaing adequate pixels to identify someone at the distances required..

for example with 720p if you were zoomed in to see targets framed up with just head/shoulders.. a 4MP camera could take the same image head to toe and still have more pixels on the face.

720p (1MP) cams are not much better than analouge dinosaurs anymore, you'd be pretty foolish to invest in 720p now days, its literally the worst resolution avilable for digital, a decade old iPhone will record better video.. just sayin

all the crap you learned in the broadcast industry is messing with your perspective, you fail to see the forest for the trees.. you should know that CSI Image Enchantment is complete bullshit, more pixels is the only way to get more details.. and you should also know that the more detail you try to capture the harder you have to work in low light.. so yes naturally the lower the resolution the brighter the image.. if you compare Hikvisions @ 720p to Foscams @ 720p you'll find that the IR on the Hik's is not weaker at all.

Do we really need 4k broadcast TV? Nope, want perhaps but not need, the extra detail we cant see from our couch.. Do we really need 4k security cameras? fuck yeah we do, its entirely justified.. although our displays might not utilize the pixels the recordings surely will.. zooming in on recordings without just making pixels bigger is extremely useful for security use.

You'd find better responses here if you opened your mind a bit and put your experience in your back pocket, fenderman knows wtf he is talking about and that big rant you just made clearly shows that you do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

burky39

n3wb
Reaction score
nayr- The comments in this thread have totally missed my point. [:)}

I completely understand what you are saying, and have no disagreement.

You are absolutely right about details, and capturing as many pixels as possible for zoomed details.

We have totally agreeing points of views on those features and others.

My comments related to two different subject matters ....
1. The rudeness in this forum and the lack of civility. Immediately lashing out at comments without understanding their context, or bothering to ask rather than accuse is totally unprofessional and unnecessary.

2. There are times when price/performance/job specifications go together to define what is a good solution and it feels like that point of view is irrelevant to you guys. That is certainly your choice, but the good forums I have participated in over the years are able to incorporate many points of view without being rude or dismissive. For instance, I had looked at the Hikvision cameras BUT I could not find an Outdoor wireless model in their lineup and my situation does not support a wired setup, so I couldn't use them. To rudely suggest I made an incompetent choice and should "look around" was a poor and false assumption. My use for the Foscam I selected does NOT require super resolution. The installation is really a "Doorbell Monitor" and is not part of a security system. We just want to see (more or less) who is at the door. Had someone taken the time to ask about what my application was, a great deal of the unnecessary ranting in this thread would have been avoided and the civility level would have risen an order of magnitude.

I don't believe that even once I have claimed the Foscams were the best, or even great products, but I have personally found them to be adequate and inexpensive in many applications (as just noted above).

Clearly you get what you pay for, but if someone is willing to accept the tradeoffs and feels there is a benefit, then is it really proper to put them down?

I guess I am guilty of not recognizing in the beginning that this forum was only interested in high end security systems, and thus asked a much lesser question.

Sorry I intruded on your restrictive little environment.
:numbness:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that you have some anger management issues, my friend. You might want to work on the nature of your confrontational style and strive to mellow out a bit. :)

I don't know why you think you need to correct me, and where you believe your superior knowledge comes from, but a touch of humility might just do you some good.

Your attempts at demonstrating your superior knowledge gave me some chuckles. I worked in radio/TV for 10 years and was the Chief Engineer of a station for many years. I have designed TV cameras (albeit analog) and have designed three computers, being the chief architect for one of them, and on the design team for the first automotive engine computer.

So my credentials in both analog and digital worlds are pretty firm and covered with numerous patents.

I hate to tell you, but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Re the "First Error" please be advised that the Industry Standard definition for HD includes BOTH 720 and 1080 scan parameters. Sure the 1080 format is considerable more resolution, but again you are inappropriately focused on the wrong issue, when you keep harping on only resolution, unless you are just trying to impress someone. Your narrow focus sounds like you would buy a 4K 27" TV (if they made one) just because it has such awesome resolution.

My selection of a 720x1080 camera is based on the fact that it's image will never be used on a screen any bigger than 5-12 inches, thus it makes no sense to pay for more than I need as I am not trying to impress anyone but just get a job done in a reasonable a cost/performance manner. I assume others will have similar viewing conditions (smart phone / tablet / 32" security cam monitors / etc) and won't benefit and don't need to pay more for true HD resolution.

I'm afraid you will have to convince the European (EBU) and American (NTSC) standards organizations that they do not align with your standard definition (good luck on that) as the Industry definitions clearly include 720x1080 frames.
View attachment 8655

The EBU specification comprises 4 HDTV production systems: (NOTE the first one)
• System 1 (S1) with 1280 horizontal samples and 720 active lines in progressive scan with a frame rateof 50Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 2 (S2) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in interlaced scan with a frame rateof 25Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 3 (S3) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in progressive scan and a frame rateof 25Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
• System 4 (S4) with 1920 horizontal samples and 1080 active lines in progressive scan at a frame rate of50Hz, 16 x 9 aspect ratio.

Re my 2nd error. I clearly stated 75° diagonal viewing angle. If you prefer a 70° horizontal designation, fine, but do the math they are the same and thus make you look foolish when you try to correct me and tell me to "learn the difference". Apparently you need to learn math and how to remove the chip on your shoulder and politely interact with others.

Again with the angle you are solely focused on numbers and not on practical, and use oriented criteria. I am using the camera to monitor a front door entry area. A 70° view is more than enough (given where I have to mount the camera) to do the job and any more is just wasted clutter viewing.

To assume that I have not looked at 1080 cameras is both a false assumption and an uncalled for attack on my intelligence, again making your comment look very inconsiderate and thoughtless. Using a 1080 camera to fulfill my need brings me little advantage but more cost.

I don't think any of my above comments convey any "misinformation". I'll accept your apology (but don't expect to ever see one) for your inaccurate comment there.

Finally, I guess "beauty" must be in the eye of the beholder as I fail to see any greater beauty in the Hikvison unit on the right and the Foscam on the left (which I think is actually better looking).
View attachment 8657

Bottom line. It sure does appear that for whatever reasons you have a great dislike of Foscam and it has clearly colored your objectivity and blinded you to possible progress they may have made over time.

I don't claim they are the best, and I agree they have shortcomings in their interfaces and firmware, but for some applications they may be a good price/performance fit to some user's needs and your closed mind and negative comments may prevent some folks from finding a perfectly adequate and low cost solution.

I think you would do more justice to this forum by giving people knowledge (good/bad/indifferent) so they can make their own "informed" decisions, rather than ranting on with selected negative comments that don't even appear to be accurate and up to date.

Just sayin'
Anger management? You are the one who deliberately sough out this dead thread after to target my post with INCORRECT info. You are simply wrong. You targeted this thread because of my response to you here. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9169-Foscam-FI9803P-Compatible-with-BI?highlight=foscam
You question in that thread points to you lack of understanding of blue iris and ip cameras in general despite your claims otherwise.
First I you like to point to some of your reading comprehension errors. The 50 degree viewing angle in my post month last year was referring to the FI8905w mentioned by the OP.
Second your statement of a 75 degree diagonal viewing angle is either false or foscam does not have proper spec on their website. A 75 diagonal would never translate to 70 horizontal regardless of aspect ratio.
Third, the industry standard is 1080p. Anyone installing 720 is providing a disservice to the end user.
So again you calculations and statements are incoorect. Tell me again why I should by this ugly low res bullet for 80 when I can get a 1080p hikvision turret that is more vandal resistant, produces a better image and comes with a 3 year warranty for about 100.

Your statement about about not needing higher res because of your screen res is a VERY dangerous misconception. You dont need a 1080p screen to take advantage of a 1080p camera. You can ZOOM in on the image an get more detail. This comment alone points to your lack of experience in this category. Please stop misinforming the users here. Just like medical research google can be very dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.
Please I did not recommend a hikvision bullet I recommeded the turret. Why you chose to post an image of a bullet is beyond me. The turret design is superior to the bullet in EVERY way.
Dont try to impress me with 10 year old radio station credentials. Your post I liked to above points to your lack of skills when it comes to ip.
Please dont tell me what I need to do to make this forum better. Its just fine without your stupid advice. I suggest you get your FACTS straight before posting erroneous specs.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your the one who came in here claiming that @fenderman was wrong, when all his points were perfectly valid.. 720p is not high resolution, and the only people who think foscams are "Awesome!" (your words, not mine) are people whom have not used any thing decent..

what you setup is simply a WebCam, and thats about the extend of a Foscam's usefulness... our community is not interested in only high end security systems, to the contrary, but we are focused on Security Cameras.. and foscam, or any other wireless camera are entirely worthless for Security usage... the hostility here towards there presence is because vast majority of people with them improperly try to use them for security reasons. We are all quite sick of people arguing that foscams even hold a candle to the field of affordable quality security cameras, they simply do not. We have facts on our side.. Dont like our attitudes, well other forums you'll find will delete anything not from or related to a sponsor, so if your on a foscam forum then nobody will tell you foscam is crap.. You'll probably like it there alot more than you do here.

Webcams for watching your pets, kids, or door bell is not what any of us here are concerned with... glad you had really good luck with it, but since our audience here is looking for security cameras we cant tolerate people spreading junk information that might lead someone else to thinking a foscam is a good security camera.. if you came out from the get go saying it was an Awesome Webcam that you were not using for any serious security, without contradicting @fenderman, nobody would have gave you a hard time.. someone would of tried to convince you that there were better options avilable but that is all.

This is also an adult forum full of technical professionals, we cut right through all the bullshit and give our honest opinions without giving a rats ass about your feelings.. most of us are pretty blunt, but thats how free advice from technical engineers comes.. you have to pay us to dumb stuff down, hold your hand and tell you "Your Right" when the facts state otherwise.

If your interested in security cameras stick around and you'll learn alot, but if your webcam project is done and you have no interest in security cameras; then thanks for clarifying your feedback and usage for our users, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1. The rudeness in this forum and the lack of civility. Immediately lashing out at comments without understanding their context, or bothering to ask rather than accuse is totally unprofessional and unnecessary.
You have some damn nerve to lie like that. This thread resurrected from the DEAD by YOU specifically to attack my post with FALSE specs and FALSE information. You did it because of this thread. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9169-Foscam-FI9803P-Compatible-with-BI?highlight=foscam

You will be called out for your nonsense and lies on this forum. If you need an internet "safe space" then 1) dont mislead, 2) use another forum where posts are deleted when the moderator does not agree with the comment. Here, the truth with be exposed.
Dont act like a complete ass then get offended. We dont play that game here.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have some damn nerve to lie like that. This thread resurrected from the DEAD by YOU specifically to attack my post with FALSE specs and FALSE information. You did it because of this thread. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9169-Foscam-FI9803P-Compatible-with-BI?highlight=foscam
wow @fenderman, I had not seen that thread! Your attitude was totally justified, you gave this guy every opportunity to understand his ignorance.. and he just refuses to let go of it.. What is it about foscrap that attracts the mentally ill?

@burky39.. you sir are one dense tool, pull your freaking head out of your ass.. you dont know anything about security cameras, so please dont bother asking anymore questions until you accept that fact.

burky39

n3wb
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya that you two are possibly the biggest jerks (and I'm being nice) I have EVER encountered.

I don't know what you problems are but seeking professional help may be beneficial, if it isn't too late already.

Your manic egotistical self images are way blown out of proportion to the narrow minded and incompetent persons you continue to prove yourselves to be.

You might want to learn to keep your mouth closed, because the more you talk the more obvious it is that your are minimally capable.

You have misinterpreted almost everything I have said, put your own misguided spin on it and been extremely rude, when I have never done anything but try to seek what I thought was a reasonable request and have tried my best to be civil to you, even in the face of your attacks. I had NO IDEA this was a security only forum (Ioes ipcamtalk sound like a general or specialized forum to you? It sure sounded general to me.)

I never claimed to be a security expert, and my questions and comments were never aimed at that segment. These were all YOUR negative and WRONG assumptions. Had fenderman politely informed me, as yo8u just did what this forum was about, none of this bull-shit would have had to happen. That kind of knee-jerk response is what I have been (as nice as I can when you keep coming back as you do)

Clean up your act and grow up, and lose the anger along the way. You are extremely poor representatives for this forum and need to figure out how you can contribute in a positive rather than negative way.

I have no problem at all with a professional site operating as you apparently want to. I DO have a problem when you assume everyone that finds this site knows what your agenda is, and you attack anyone that is so stupid as to not be a mindreader, without some kind of reasonable dialog first.

Don't bother to respond as you are continually wrong in your statements to the extent that I wonder if you can even read two sentences strung together. (For example fenderman I had no idea that you were related to the old/new posts you referred to. I wasn't reading the member post names, just the content and thought I could add some new information that someone might find useful, but you had to be a jerk and go postal about.) Sorry for trying to be helpful.

I am disconnecting from this Forum because there are many more enjoyable things to do in life than interact with fools and idiots.

I'm afraid you have it all wrong again and the head up an ass ain't at this end of the exchange! [:)}

Anything you post I will never see. so have a good time ranting to each other.

I'm outta here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya that you two are possibly the biggest jerks (and I'm being nice) I have EVER encountered.

I don't know what you problems are but seeking professional help may be beneficial, if it isn't too late already.

Your manic egotistical self images are way blown out of proportion to the narrow minded and incompetent persons you continue to prove yourselves to be.

You might want to learn to keep your mouth closed, because the more you talk the more obvious it is that your are minimally capable.

You have misinterpreted almost everything I have said, put your own misguided spin on it and been extremely rude, when I have never done anything but try to seek what I thought was a reasonable request and have tried my best to be civil to you, even in the face of your attacks. I had NO IDEA this was a security only forum (Ioes ipcamtalk sound like a general or specialized forum to you? It sure sounded general to me.)

I never claimed to be a security expert, and my questions and comments were never aimed at that segment. These were all YOUR negative and WRONG assumptions. Had fenderman politely informed me, as yo8u just did what this forum was about, none of this bull-shit would have had to happen. That kind of knee-jerk response is what I have been (as nice as I can when you keep coming back as you do)

Clean up your act and grow up, and lose the anger along the way. You are extremely poor representatives for this forum and need to figure out how you can contribute in a positive rather than negative way.

I have no problem at all with a professional site operating as you apparently want to. I DO have a problem when you assume everyone that finds this site knows what your agenda is, and you attack anyone that is so stupid as to not be a mindreader, without some kind of reasonable dialog first.

Don't bother to respond as you are continually wrong in your statements to the extent that I wonder if you can even read two sentences strung together. (For example fenderman I had no idea that you were related to the old/new posts you referred to. I wasn't reading the member post names, just the content and thought I could add some new information that someone might find useful, but you had to be a jerk and go postal about.) Sorry for trying to be helpful.

I am disconnecting from this Forum because there are many more enjoyable things to do in life than interact with fools and idiots.

I'm afraid you have it all wrong again and the head up an ass ain't at this end of the exchange! [:)}

Anything you post I will never see. so have a good time ranting to each other.

I'm outta here.
First I do believe you will read this. Your ego wont allow you to resist.
Lets get something straight here. I dont need your advice on how to run the forum. There is a reason this forum is the most active security camera forum on the net.
You cant read screen names and are telling me I cant read to sentences? Whats wrong with you?
You deliberately sought out this thread to attack me because of the other thread. We pointed out your cheap tactics and overall inexperience. I pointed out your FALSE statements. If you blatantly misrepresent the truth here, you will be called out on it. Dont post inaccurate information which will mislead others under the guise of an "expert".
You got offended in the other thread because I made a suggestion that pissed you off. Too bad.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
and on the design team for the first automotive engine computer.
I'm sorry, but that cannot be correct.
I do not remember you, and we had a pretty small team back in 1977.
I'm excluding those engineers from the motor manufacturer whose task was to 'map the engines' so we could program the ECU.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not to poke the party hog but.... this thread is quite funny. Sorry lol. I was just looking for a thread in regard to my friend's Foscam FI9803P being out of focus. Didn't find a focus procedure but found this... and read it. Entertaining!

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that cannot be correct.
I do not remember you, and we had a pretty small team back in 1977.
I'm excluding those engineers from the motor manufacturer whose task was to 'map the engines' so we could program the ECU.
This gave me flashbacks of my early days as an auto-tech. PROMs, Quad drivers, and related craziness of the early tech. What advancements we have made.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, computers and software have a lot to answer for.
And now that there are loads of them embedded in (what used to be) the protected, closed environment of an automobile, we've gone and hooked up the internet to it as well.
Oh what fun, all those soft targets to mess with ...

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have direct experience with the v2 version of the FI9803 and can confirm it isn't anything special. The image quality of my Reolinks or Hikvision if I force them down to 720p crush the Foscam. Definitely better options out there for the money.