Anyone use an IP/Analog Camera Tester/Viewer tool?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these or something similar?? I've been asked to do a couple more jobs and I'm basically looking for a easier way to temporary place cameras before running wires so I can decide the best location with limited hassle. I was looking into getting some kind of IP/Analog Camera Tester/Viewer tool

I know axis makes one T8415 but its a bit pricey. I've also seen these same ones under other brands for not much less.

So I got to looking around and found a bunch of others like this which is a bit less pricey.
IPC 9800Plus

Any thoughts or suggestions are also welcome.

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use a Poe pass through adapter and a laptop
Do you have a link for one? I was under the impression you needed and external power source thus making it no longer a portable wireless solution.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The POE injector. Where does it get it's power from?
AC outlet.
Your arn't going to make a perfectly wireless test system, you have to power the cam somehow.

Unless you want to lug around a car battery and an invert-er to turn battery power to 110ac.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these or something similar?? I've been asked to do a couple more jobs and I'm basically looking for a easier way to temporary place cameras before running wires so I can decide the best location with limited hassle. I was looking into getting some kind of IP/Analog Camera Tester/Viewer tool

I know axis makes one T8415 but its a bit pricey. I've also seen these same ones under other brands for not much less.

So I got to looking around and found a bunch of others like this which is a bit less pricey.
IPC 9800Plus

Any thoughts or suggestions are also welcome.
Why would you go out and buy something like that, you can do it like this.
Selfie Cart

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
IPC 9800Plus
I have this one (well the previous model) - it gets the job done when needed. I've honestly found it more beneficial for the VFL and OPM for fiber than using it as a POE camera power/viewer. But all in all it was worth the $400 or so I spent on it 2 years ago or so - you can get them for as little as $250ish if you don't want to power meter and optical feature set I believe - at least you could when I got it.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why would you go out and buy something like that, you can do it like this.
Selfie Cart
That is pretty sweet for indoor commercial installs for sure! but the jobs ive been asked to do are outdoor residential. I dont think that would roll to well over grass :)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That is pretty sweet for indoor commercial installs for sure! but the jobs ive been asked to do are outdoor residential. I dont think that would roll to well over grass :)
I have rolled it over grass with no problems..I have also dumped it on a concrete sidewalk with all my tools on it, things got a little top heavy I guess.