Anyone use one of these OEM 4MP 30x PTZ cameras?

Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Greetings IPCamers,

I have been looking into getting a cheap PTZ camera to mess with and monitor my animals.
I found this one camera being sold by a number of rebranders and would like to know if anyone has used one or has any information on them.

LINK TO RANDOM SELLER OF SAID CAMERA

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey ObservantOrange...

As one who has "learned the hard way" I can vouch for Fenderman's statement. Although for me, it's been an interesting "journey of discovery", I'd never recommend buying these cameras for the faint of heart as they can be extremely challenging to work with and maintain. That camera in particular looks very similar to it's Bigger Brother of the same design. I've used them for a while, but they are constantly going out of whack and require more attention than more robust brands like Hikvision. The problems can range from bad focusing capabilities, to over-saturated IR leds, to clunky web interfaces. Firmware updates are rare and in my experience can sometimes lead to the camera working worse than before you did the upgrade.

Yes you can save some dollars in the short term, but it comes at a cost later! Just my two cents!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings IPCamers,

I have been looking into getting a cheap PTZ camera to mess with and monitor my animals.
I found this one camera being sold by a number of rebranders and would like to know if anyone has used one or has any information on them.

LINK TO RANDOM SELLER OF SAID CAMERA

This cam would have been a much much better cam overall.
Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Aliexpress.com : Buy New Arrival 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera SD49225T HN ,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd