Anyone used GW Security cameras?

jtupnsmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my cameras and ran across this company called GW Security on Amazon. All of their all-in-one packages have all 5* reviews and their camera specs look very good. The individual camera's also have pretty good reviews. I'm wondering how they compare to Hikvision.

Link to camera
https://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-Megapixel-IP-Camera/dp/B076FFRKCB/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&srs=6457835011&ie=UTF8&qid=1520821805&sr=1-2
Either of these will blow that one away for just a few $$ more.
Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I will give you my quick thoughts on GW security, I own a few of their Bullets, They are compatible with my Dahua NVR, they have given me NO issues and I toasted one of the connectors with a POE(MY OWN) problem and melted the pigtail on the CAM. Their support was very good and shipped me out a new one.
I know a Installer who uses their gear all the time and likes it. They are expensive and the Night time quality of the ones I own is not so good. As @looney2ns says I would spend a little more and get something tested and proven.

jtupnsmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
I will give you my quick thoughts on GW security, I own a few of their Bullets, They are compatible with my Dahua NVR, they have given me NO issues and I toasted one of the connectors with a POE(MY OWN) problem and melted the pigtail on the CAM. Their support was very good and shipped me out a new one.
I know a Installer who uses their gear all the time and likes it. They are expensive and the Night time quality of the ones I own is not so good. As @looney2ns says I would spend a little more and get something tested and proven.
Thanks. Im upgrading from Hosafe/dlink crap, so not gonna take much to improve. I'd like to get a decent hikvision or dahua but seems like everything I see is grey market stuff. Most confusing things to purchase.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Im upgrading from Hosafe/dlink crap, so not gonna take much to improve. I'd like to get a decent hikvision or dahua but seems like everything I see is grey market stuff. Most confusing things to purchase.
read the starlight turret fixed and varifocal threads...nothing wrong with gray market...you will end up with a much better product...