Anyone using a Z-Wave doorbell or doorbell sensor?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My doorbell is 16VAC, I am having trouble finding a cheap relay that I can trigger with that, So I am going to rewire my doorbell.. have the button trigger a 12VDC coiled relay, which I can input into my home automation controller.. when the relay fires it will complete the 16VAC circuit and ring the doorbell. I am considering getting a dual tone door bell and having the home automation system output to the secondary tone, I can then use that alternate tone as a notification of some important events.

The bitch is I need to yank a new wire to the doorbell, but since I am in there might as well take a couple extra pairs so I can wire up a glass break sensor next to the doorbell ringer.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For Z-Wave I kno the Ecolink Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor has screw terminals for external contacts, you might be able to wire your doorbell button to that and then use your Z-Wave controller to trigger your doorbell ringer or some other alert.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPIYJWU/

I am about to install one on backside of my mailbox with a contact switch inside the door, this will then send command to PTZ to checkout mailbox and send me notification that the mail has arrived.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.