Anyone using Hikvision NVR & Tiny Cam Pro Android app?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have switched to using my cameras inside NVR subnet and now I can no longer use secondary stream with this app. I sent email to developer about this, but maybe there is some sort of workaround. Bottom line, it has functionality where you can select primary/secondary (1 or 2) streaming channels, but when using with Hikvision NVR this becomes camera channels (1 through 8), not the streaming. Using Low Bandwidth mode doesn't switch to secondary stream anymore and the only savior is recent addition Power Savings mode which gives you 1 fps.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you use the ivms 4500 app and connect to your NVR? It has a Fluent mode that uses substream.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you use the ivms 4500 app and connect to your NVR? It has a Fluent mode that uses substream.
Tinycam Pro I find nothing compared to the IVMS4500 in quality of picture and smooth feed even running custom settings on it. Tiny cam is slow and bad programing compared to the 4500. Love the 4500 so much I think I am throwing in the towel on Blue Iris just because Hik outfit overall so pro compared to BI not even able to run a video card yet.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Tinycam Pro I find nothing compared to the IVMS4500 in quality of picture and smooth feed even running custom settings on it. Tiny cam is slow and bad programing compared to the 4500. Love the 4500 so much I think I am throwing in the towel on Blue Iris just because Hik outfit overall so pro compared to BI not even able to run a video card yet.
If you are trying to run 10 video streams in full HD at 30fps on your a few years old Android phone then it's unrealistic, you need to select low bandwidth mode which uses secondary stream. In ivms4500 it starts out using fluent stream, but if you try to use clear you will get the same result as tiny cam. If you have some feedback about Tinycam you should contact developer as he is very responsive @alexvas.

Haven't used/seen BI mobile app, but IVMS 4500 has unfriendly user interface. For a free app it's fine though.

Btw, I have figured this issue with Huisun you need to use ONVIF profile if you want to use secondary stream.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris can use hardware acceleration. You just need to have intel HD graphics with quicksync which 70 percent of pc's do. Since you have no experience with the blue iris mobile app, you dont understand how awful the hikvision mobile app is for video review compared to blue iris. Aside from the many other options blue iris provides. The hikvision app is pretty crappy. If you think hikvision is "pro" compared to blue iris you have not used blue iris properly. Most telling is the fact that you admit to not owning the blue iris mobile app which makes ivms4500 look like a joke some kid put together.

Last edited:

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And with all that Said, what is in your best opinion to get BlueIris Cameras to my Tiny Cam pro? since I cannot install blueiris mobile on my nvidia shield, just looking for opinions and options. Old Thread LOL see if i even get answer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And with all that Said, what is in your best opinion to get BlueIris Cameras to my Tiny Cam pro? since I cannot install blueiris mobile on my nvidia shield, just looking for opinions and options. Old Thread LOL see if i even get answer.
there are a bunch of threads discussing this. Search.