Anyone using IPC-A46 or similar for indoors?

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed the IPC-A46 on Andy's site but literature and reviews is sparse. Likewise searching this forum with "IPC-A46" keyword gave 6 pages of returns...but couldn't find the camera embedded in any discussion.

With my outside camera, despite tight zones and motion sensitivity, get so many false alerts that no way no way could rely on a e-mail/text notification. As an example, I can watch a family of raccoons live on the driveway and sensitivity is high enough that no alert, but a moth flying past and taking up 80% of frame, or a lizard resting on the turret and wagging its tail across the lens guarantees an alert.

Looking for a couple of cameras that can be placed inside, activated when leaving. Any alert then would be someone in the house who shouldn't be there and I will have date/time to review the outside recordings.
Since the IPC-A46 isn't a system, would have to have a separate alarm system to scare them away before dismantled a relatively secured system that would require some time.

Last year when went to Europe for 3 weeks tried the Arlo system but returned it for several issues - skipping/lagging video and an alarm that was part of the controller...which would tell thieves right where to look. Looking for something similar. Any feedback on the IPC-A46 or suggested alternatives. Wired or wireless is fine as I can do a CAT6 run, but if battery powered, must be re-chargeable which rules out Reolinks similar unit using disposable non-standard batteries.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you google “ipcamtalk.com a46”, it’ll find a few threads here. Interesting how the forum search doesn’t find them.

I’m on my phone, otherwise I’d paste some links for you.