App Alerts

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have version 4.8.4.4 and can not get the app to alert my phone if motion is detected. I've read upgrading is sometimes a pain, I am sure there is a cost as well. Opinions?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Given the advantages of the later versions of BI, 5.5.x.x, that include sub streams as well as many other minor minor improvements, the minimal cost of an upgrade is trivial.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I did the upgrade and everything is working on the PC but my APP is not connecting, however I am getting alerts of motion? The LAN and WAN have stayed the same, I tried deleting the server on the app and then I scanned the QR code on the "user" tab but nothing seems to work?

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With BI open, go to canyouseeme.org and put in BI's port to check if it's open.
And where it says "Your IP", you're saying that jives with the WAN IP in the BI app?
So I tested both 80 and 81 and both failed, I tried changing to port 81 but nothing. I am not to versed in the router setup stuff, I know I had port forwarding enabled. My settings for the WAN setup should not have changed so ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I tested both 80 and 81 and both failed, I tried changing to port 81 but nothing. I am not to versed in the router setup stuff, I know I had port forwarding enabled.
Try 8080, in the router forward it to your BI server's LAN IP.
My settings for the WAN setup should not have changed so ?
Maybe they "....should not have" but as I asked in post #5, "And where it says "Your IP", you're saying that jives with the WAN IP in the BI app?"

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try 8080, in the router forward it to your BI server's LAN IP.
no connection, do I leave the port on 80 in the "web server" tab, i tried leaving it and changing it to 8080, and edited the forwarding on the router

Maybe they "....should not have" but as I asked in post #5, "And where it says "Your IP", you're saying that jives with the WAN IP in the BI app?"
Yes they jive both places have the same ip

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, change the port in BI web server tab to 8080, forward port 8080 in router to BI server IP.
I tried and to no avail, but my LAN for the BI server had changed form what it had previously been. I tried changing the ports in BI and on the router with the new LAN address and tried switching the LAN back to the old address with port 8080 and with same outcome.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now noticing the BI PC is picking up a wired ip address and a wireless ip address, could this be causing the issue?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now noticing the BI PC is picking up a wired ip address and a wireless ip address, could this be causing the issue?
Likely!
The BI server can only have one IP address in the web server section.
In the Ethernet port for the BI server, in Windows, make the IP static.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Likely!
The BI server can only have one IP address in the web server section.
In the Ethernet port for the BI server, in Windows, make the IP static.
set BI PC with static ip and tried all the scenarios mentioned above and still cant get app to open, LAN and WAN refresh to adjusted ports when I change them

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well finally got something to work, set BI PC to 81, not sure what the reasoning was for the error but its working now.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Back to square one, the app is not working again. It just stopped working one time when I went to open it?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Check here to see which adapter its trying to use for the web server. click bind exlusively when you see the right one.
Screenshot 2022-08-10 182928.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
clicked the bind button and nothing, banging my head!!!
And you logged into the router, forwarded port 81 to 192.168.1.12 and saved it?
When BI is open what does canyouseeme.org say for 81?

Also disable in the router uPNP once it's working.