App Notifications only in LAN

syndacate

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi...is there any way to have push notifications for blue iris app only on lan? The goal is to have some devices that could works only in my lan and not outside. Any way?
thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi...is there any way to have push notifications for blue iris app only on lan? The goal is to have some devices that could works only in my lan and not outside. Any way?
thank you.
You can set a user to only have access to video feeds on lan, its in the user settings...dont know if it affect when alerts are delivered.

syndacate

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have done this but he recieves always the notifications. He can not connect to the server but the push notifications are delivered to him

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have done this but he recieves always the notifications. He can not connect to the server but the push notifications are delivered to him
I believe the only option is to disable push notifications for that user or have him manually disable when outside of lan.

syndacate

n3wb
Reaction score
Sad thing! I was hoping there could be an automatic solution based on geofence or similar, or via http server...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sad thing! I was hoping there could be an automatic solution based on geofence or similar, or via http server...
I believe the push option in geofence would affect all users no just the one receiving alerts...
You can setup cloned cameras place them in a group and only allow that user access to the group, then setup profile changes to enable disable the cams.
What is the scenario that you need this type of setup? Its very unusual.

syndacate

n3wb
Reaction score
The scenario is this:
i use blueiris to control my house. We have a smartphone each, and we receive blueiris alerts when we are at home and when we are not. Sometimes the grandparents used to baby sitting our children....so I'd like they could receive notifications from the cameras when they are in the house (and for example we are at works) but when they go away I'd like they could stop receive notifications.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The scenario is this:
i use blueiris to control my house. We have a smartphone each, and we receive blueiris alerts when we are at home and when we are not. Sometimes the grandparents used to baby sitting our children....so I'd like they could receive notifications from the cameras when they are in the house (and for example we are at works) but when they go away I'd like they could stop receive notifications.
While not automatic, you can manually disable their notifications within the blue iris mobile devices settings. This way they dont have to do it on their smartphones..

syndacate

n3wb
Reaction score
But I have to use the pc right? I have the server without monitor and I used to connect to it by remote desktop. I'd like not to do this every time

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But I have to use the pc right? I have the server without monitor and I used to connect to it by remote desktop. I'd like not to do this every time
you can use the cloned camera/profile change option as described above.
EDIT, or even better, simply create a duplicate profile for when they visit and only allow notifications to that user during that profile