App recommendation

Rapido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got 3 Amcrest IP2M-841-V3, that I operate only within my private network (no internet access).

With my Android phone I use the Onvier App to monitor the cams and I am very satisfied with it.

Unfortunately the App is not available for iOS. Can anyone recommend an equivalent free, comercial-free, cloud-free app for my iPad?

Thanks.
Joachim

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 4 of the IP2M-841's on Blue Iris VMS and the BI app on an iPhone, all great.

But I wanted to tell you something that actually helps with your inquiry so I downloaded and installed the highly-rated (relatively speaking) iOS app onto my iphone called IP Camera Viewer - IPCams by Nogosoft LLC. It works with ONVIF cams and detects RTSP streams.

It detected the four 841's quickly and gives a great display BUT....adding a cam is like pulling teeth, IMO. The interface is far from intuitive, at least to me. Give it a shot (free) and if you're pleased then you can opt for the $4.99 upgrade.

Rapido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
... so I downloaded and installed the highly-rated (relatively speaking) iOS app onto my iphone called IP Camera Viewer - IPCams by Nogosoft LLC. It works with ONVIF cams and detects RTSP streams.

It detected the four 841's quickly and gives a great display BUT....adding a cam is like pulling teeth, IMO. The interface is far from intuitive, at least to me. Give it a shot (free) and if you're pleased then you can opt for the $4.99 upgrade.
Thank you Tony.
I checked Nogosoft and they write: "The (personal) Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. " :oops:
They don't disclose, where this is, but probably China. I'm wary regarding software from China.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They don't disclose, where this is, but probably China. I'm wary regarding software from China.
I can't say that I blame you.

Additionally, the overwhelming majority of apps that scan a QR code on a cam or have you enter a UID number from the cam and create any kind of an account are likely using P2P and offshore cloud servers.

That was not the case with the Nogosoft app but I can't comment on its security or "phoning home"; I deleted the app after I tried it and posted my experience.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set this up for a friend's Swann system and it worked great locally on their home LAN. IPCams - Security Camera Viewer App It's a bit clunky to get going but a nice app once it's set up. I couldn't get the iCloud function working due to Apple's incessant duty to protect their users from themselves -- and the rest of the evil world of course.

I have no idea where or if it calls home -- if it has one.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I set this up for a friend's Swann system and it worked great locally on their home LAN. IPCams - Security Camera Viewer App It's a bit clunky to get going but a nice app once it's set up. I couldn't get the iCloud function working due to Apple's incessant duty to protect their users from themselves -- and the rest of the evil world of course.

I have no idea where or if it calls home -- if it has one.
Yeah, same app I tried in post #3. I agree about it being clunky but it's only a few of the apps that work with RTSP/ONVIF. I personally don't use apps like that (I have a BI server at home and BI app in my iPhone) but I sometimes set one up for friends, clients, etc. and it's been tough particularly for iPhones since the demise of a GREAT iOS app by Eggman Technologies called Live Cams Pro......but it has fallen off the face of the earth since circa 2020. :confused:

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry. I saw IP Cam Viewer - IPCams as a single link and it didn't even register as the same app.

It was an alternative to the SwannViewPlus for the MacOS they'd been using for years on a local monitor until it just quit one day -- after an OS upgrade. Their need was very simple. Please get the cams back up on the monitor? IPCams was all I could find that claimed to work with Monterey, or more accurately, that Monterey would allow. But once it was set up it did actually work very well. SwannViewPlus still worked on their phones so I didn't spend a boatload of time trying to figure out the iCloud setup.

I hate to say it, but Mac users are in tough shape when it comes to security cam app and software options..., and always seem to blame the developer for things not working as they should or as expected when Mac versions are available -- like the developers are supposed to devote all their resources to just chasing solutions to the constant MacOS and iOS changes.