app works great at home, but not away

GregT

n3wb
Reaction score
The Blue Iris app is working great on my Samsung s6 phone and a android tablet. However, when I'm away from my house and my home wireless, it won't connect at all. i have tried connecting to wireless away from home although I have Internet access via the phone all the time and Firefox, for example, works without Internet access.
BlueIris is on a WIN7 PC and working fine with 3 cameras.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Blue Iris app is working great on my Samsung s6 phone and a android tablet. However, when I'm away from my house and my home wireless, it won't connect at all. i have tried connecting to wireless away from home although I have Internet access via the phone all the time and Firefox, for example, works without Internet access.
BlueIris is on a WIN7 PC and working fine with 3 cameras.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg
Welcome to the forum. What have you dont to connect remotely? You either need to port forward the webserver port or setup a vpn(more secure).

GregT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi fenderman. Yes I setup port forwarding on port 81 for the webserver computer and it shows up on the router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman. Yes I setup port forwarding on port 81 for the webserver computer and it shows up on the router.
Does the port show as open on canyouseeme.org?
If so, have you entered the proper external ip address/dynamic dns address in the app?

GregT

n3wb
Reaction score
No, canyouseeme reports connection times out. The router shows port forwarding for blueiris at port 81 for all broadband devices. Port 80 was already assigned. Canyouseeme sees port 80, for example, but not 81.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, canyouseeme reports connection times out. The router shows port forwarding for blueiris at port 81 for all broadband devices. Port 80 was already assigned. Canyouseeme sees port 80, for example, but not 81.
Port 80 should never be forwarded...if its not seeing port 81 then the port forwarding is not setup properly...first change the blue iris server port to something higher like port 8585....then try again.