Archive to WD My Cloud NAS problem

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a share created on my new WD My Cloud NAS device which is on my LAN. On the PC I have BI installed on, I have mapped the z: drive to this share successfully. When I go to the Clips and Archiving tab, the z: drive doesn't show as an option for me to select for archiving clips. Is this known issue? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a share created on my new WD My Cloud NAS device which is on my LAN. On the PC I have BI installed on, I have mapped the z: drive to this share successfully. When I go to the Clips and Archiving tab, the z: drive doesn't show as an option for me to select for archiving clips. Is this known issue? Thanks
See the help file for setting up nas...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I searched the help file before posting and didn't see any specific topics regarding setting up a NAS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you running blue iris as a service?
These folders do not need to be located on the same hard drive or PC as the database. Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you running blue iris as a service?
These folders do not need to be located on the same hard drive or PC as the database. Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource.
I'm not running BI as a service...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@105437 please post a BI screenshot.
No Z: drive from within BI when I browse to define Archive clip location. The Z: drive is mapped and shows up using Windows Explorer in Windows 10.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 10.17.32 PM.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It should show up..have you restarted BI after mapping the drive?
Yes, I did restart BI but not the PC. I have BI successfully send to the NAS via FTP. Maybe I'll just do that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I did restart BI but not the PC. I have BI successfully send to the NAS via FTP. Maybe I'll just do that.
try restarting the pc...you dont want to use ftp for doing this kind of stuff..

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anything else I can try here? I'm still not seeing the share from my NAS that I have mapped on my Blue Iris PC. Thanks

EDIT: Just found a fix

1. Win+X -> Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center->Change Adapter Settings
  2. Right click on the Network Adapter->Properties
  3. Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties ->Advanced->WINS
  4. Click to select "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" then click OK.

Last edited by a moderator: