Are all Dahua IP cams supported by Imou app>

ver

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have couple Imou cams and old Dahua HFW1235S-W (which is cheap WiFi camera just like Imou) connected to my Imou app. I need to buy some more professional IP camera with 8Mpx sensor and decent night vision. I know that Dahua cams has different DMSS app and browser panel with all settings, but I want to know if I can use this in Imou for preview as well, just so I can quickly and easy switch between cameras instead switching between apps... If not, and I will be forced to use DMSS instead Imou just for single camera, then I can just give up on Dahua and use any brand anyway.

In Imou app while manually adding new camera we can choose model, but only from Imou cams. But there is also position "IPC Other" and Dahua cameras are named like that, for ex. IPC-HFW4831E-SE so maybe it will work? I cannot test this without actual camera because I cannot just type model, but instead Serial Number. Cam someone with Dahua IP cam test this for me, pretty please :) ?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the imou app will only accept serial number + safety code, which is only limited for imou products. By contrary, you may add imou cams into dmss app, even through the local IP domain (local network) or remotely via P2P. Only tested with Cruiser and Turret models.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
as your request, tested adding an N42BJ62 IP Dahua Cam, using the "IPC Other" device within the Imou app. Add the Dahua SN, while leaving "empty" the Safety Code. It will then ask for the actual unit password (customer created)

Last edited:

ver

n3wb
Reaction score
as your request, tested adding an N42BJ62 IP Dahua Cam, using the "IPC Other" device within the Imou app. Add the Dahua SN, while leaving "empty" the Safety Code. It will then ask for the actual unit password (customer created)
Thanks, but did it work then? You can preview and use records (if there is sd card inside, not from nvr ofc) from imou app?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes, everything is operational, including notifications and accessing the recorded events in memory. With both app running, the dmss server provides faster motion notifications than the imou, by almost 10s

ver

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for testing this! I hope it will be the same with other Dahua cameras.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In my case I prefer the dmss app if running both brands, since it allows for "remote configuration" in my Cruise model. It allows for accessing the camera settings, providing control over resolution, frame rate, etc. You will need the pss software for this type of adjustment, since the Cruise will not allow for local web access (GUI)

Reactions: ver

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you very much for testing this! I hope it will be the same with other Dahua cameras.
if p2p is available, should be no problem. I just tested an old oem camera (2015), same procedure for manually adding into imou app

Reactions: ver

ver

n3wb
Reaction score
In my case I prefer the dmss app if running both brands, since it allows for "remote configuration" in my Cruise model. It allows for accessing the camera settings, providing control over resolution, frame rate, etc. You will need the pss software for this type of adjustment, since the Cruise will not allow for local web access (GUI)
Indoor Imou cameras usually are not supporting Onvif, at least not any version of Cue cams that I bought through years. Only way to get stream outside Imou app is by using RTSP url with passed credentials, for example in VLC player. Multiple topics about this in this forum. So Imou app is only convenient way with records playback etc.