Are browsers and platforms dropping support for Foscam cameras???

NS444

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

Short version:
IE support has stopped and won't even let me use it on older OSes.
Google Chrome won't show video from foscam camera even after installing pulugin.
TinyCam Monitor Pro (on Android phone) stopped showing Foscam videos.

BlueIris still works with Foscam Cameras which is good, I'm on Demo version and have to purchase it.
Can't watch recording anymore since I can't use IE anymore as they have stopped support it and won't display websites on it.

Need guidance on how to solve this issue and what to use to watch the recorded videos on Foscam SD Cards.

Long Version:
I have been a long term Foscam Camera user.
I have about 25 Foscam Cameras.

I'm also a cautious user of these cameras.
My preferred browser is Google Chrome.
I'm a Windows and Android user.

Everything was working fine until about April or May of 2022.
All of a sudden, I could no longer access foscams cameras.

Chrome.
It kept saying that it needs a plugin installed.
It offered a plugin download and install which I did install, but still no video showing even though now I can log into the camera.
I went to foscam site, downloaded plugin from there as well and installed it.
That also didn't solve the issue and won't show the video.

IE
MS stopped supporting it.
I can launch it, but everytime I try to go to a page on it, it loads MS Edge which has the same problem as Chrome.
Until now, I was using IE to watch recordings on the Foscam Cameras.

TinyCam Monitor Pro
Stopped showing videos on most Fosam cameras. I can see videos from very old foscam cameras that supported MPEG, but not from new cameras that are H.264 verieties.
I sent an email to the company, but haven't heard back yet.

Blue Iris
That is the only app that so far lets me view and control the cameras, so that's what I'm using now.
But it won't let me access the recordings on the camera.

Yes, I know there is a Foscam VMS, but I haven't installed it to use it yet.
I haven't needed to thus far.
Now that I need another tool, I'm a little nervous about installing Foscam VMS.
Why? Well, when I was installing Plugins, Noton Antivirus poped up a message saying something about that plugin manufacturer is known for remotely controlling your device and I should not be using it. I went ahead and installed Chrome Plugin anyway, but I'm a little nerves now. I have been installing plugins for chrome all these years without getting such warning. why would it all of a sudden start complaining about this? I guess I feel more nerves about providing all the details about my camera IP and password in the Foscam VMS and I don't even know if that's going to work. I'm being super honest here, I'm worried about ransomware as soon as I install Foscam VMS. Browser plugins didn't solve the issue, I get black videos, so I'm not even sure Foscam VMS is going to solve this or not.
Maybe I'm being too cautious?
Are there other solutions or software that are safer (something like blue iris , but one that allows me to watch the recordings on SD card)?

Are all of you using Foscam VMS and it is working for you?
Can you use Fosam with chrome without issues in past few months?
Can you tell me why all of a sudden on multiple platforms (chrome and android) I can no longer see frames (remember that it all works fine with Blue Iris)?

I appreciate your input and recommendations.

Thank you,
Norm

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
IE still works for me on Win10 but I disabled updates to Win10 well over a year ago. You can try Pale Moon browser in the 32 bit version. That might work for you.

jimcc66

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

Short version:
IE support has stopped and won't even let me use it on older OSes.
Google Chrome won't show video from foscam camera even after installing pulugin.
TinyCam Monitor Pro (on Android phone) stopped showing Foscam videos.

BlueIris still works with Foscam Cameras which is good, I'm on Demo version and have to purchase it.
Can't watch recording anymore since I can't use IE anymore as they have stopped support it and won't display websites on it.

Need guidance on how to solve this issue and what to use to watch the recorded videos on Foscam SD Cards.

Long Version:
I have been a long term Foscam Camera user.
I have about 25 Foscam Cameras.

I'm also a cautious user of these cameras.
My preferred browser is Google Chrome.
I'm a Windows and Android user.

Everything was working fine until about April or May of 2022.
All of a sudden, I could no longer access foscams cameras.

Chrome.
It kept saying that it needs a plugin installed.
It offered a plugin download and install which I did install, but still no video showing even though now I can log into the camera.
I went to foscam site, downloaded plugin from there as well and installed it.
That also didn't solve the issue and won't show the video.

IE
MS stopped supporting it.
I can launch it, but everytime I try to go to a page on it, it loads MS Edge which has the same problem as Chrome.
Until now, I was using IE to watch recordings on the Foscam Cameras.

TinyCam Monitor Pro
Stopped showing videos on most Fosam cameras. I can see videos from very old foscam cameras that supported MPEG, but not from new cameras that are H.264 verieties.
I sent an email to the company, but haven't heard back yet.

Blue Iris
That is the only app that so far lets me view and control the cameras, so that's what I'm using now.
But it won't let me access the recordings on the camera.

Yes, I know there is a Foscam VMS, but I haven't installed it to use it yet.
I haven't needed to thus far.
Now that I need another tool, I'm a little nervous about installing Foscam VMS.
Why? Well, when I was installing Plugins, Noton Antivirus poped up a message saying something about that plugin manufacturer is known for remotely controlling your device and I should not be using it. I went ahead and installed Chrome Plugin anyway, but I'm a little nerves now. I have been installing plugins for chrome all these years without getting such warning. why would it all of a sudden start complaining about this? I guess I feel more nerves about providing all the details about my camera IP and password in the Foscam VMS and I don't even know if that's going to work. I'm being super honest here, I'm worried about ransomware as soon as I install Foscam VMS. Browser plugins didn't solve the issue, I get black videos, so I'm not even sure Foscam VMS is going to solve this or not.
Maybe I'm being too cautious?
Are there other solutions or software that are safer (something like blue iris , but one that allows me to watch the recordings on SD card)?

Are all of you using Foscam VMS and it is working for you?
Can you use Fosam with chrome without issues in past few months?
Can you tell me why all of a sudden on multiple platforms (chrome and android) I can no longer see frames (remember that it all works fine with Blue Iris)?

I appreciate your input and recommendations.

Thank you,
Norm

I have the same issue but for a different reason. I need to adjust the cameras frame rate but can't get to the camera's web page and the app doesn't have those settings.
Has anyone found a way to access the foscam cameras web page?

Thanks, Jimmie

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the same issue but for a different reason. I need to adjust the cameras frame rate but can't get to the camera's web page and the app doesn't have those settings.
Has anyone found a way to access the foscam cameras web page?

Thanks, Jimmie
Which model of Foscam?
The default HTTP port for earlier Foscams was 88, not the more common 80, so to access the webGUI you would open a browser to:
Code:
http://Camera-IP:88

jimcc66

n3wb
Reaction score
Which model of Foscam?
The default HTTP port for earlier Foscams was 88, not the more common 80, so to access the webGUI you would open a browser to:
Code:
http://Camera-IP:88
Thanks for the reply, yes these are on port 88. But it keeps wanting me to download the plug-in. Which I have already done. I just can't get into my newest cameras. The app works fine and it shows the IP address and port number. I use zoneminder and I have them all up and recording fine. But I want to lower the frame rate and you can't do that in the app. I dunno maybe there's another app? I also have them up and running on ip cam viewer pro on our cell phones. I was just bragging how nice these are and then this issue with logging into the web page issue. Very frustrating

jimcc66

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes these are on port 88. But it keeps wanting me to download the plug-in. Which I have already done. I just can't get into my newest cameras. The app works fine and it shows the IP address and port number. I use zoneminder and I have them all up and recording fine. But I want to lower the frame rate and you can't do that in the app. I dunno maybe there's another app? I also have them up and running on ip cam viewer pro on our cell phones. I was just bragging how nice these are and then this issue with logging into the web page issue. Very frustrating
Sorry I forgot to say my latest 2 cameras a the G4's and the 2 before those were VZ4's

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Foscam undated it firmware and your cameras. Cant use it on wi fi with blue iris, or anywhere else except foscam app.
This is false. No need to go to every foscam thread to trash them because you dont know how to buy or setup a camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why you simply repeated your previous statement... But it's false

chupacabra

n3wb
Reaction score
You are right.
[/QTh

Thank you for inspiring me to keep trying. I got it to hook up to wi fi. Unintentional motivational snide remarks are always welcome! Gets things done. (nothing personal)

chupacabra

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman sent me looking for obvious and I found it. This is how I set up my G4 camera. Sorry I was bad mouthing Foscam and their app.

F

Attachments

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just in case it's of any use, I have some older cameras, that will only open the GUI on Internet Explorer. After a lot of digging around, I found that this registry key, set this way, will allow IE to work on Windows 10.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ext\CLSID]
"{1FD49718-1D00-4B19-AF5F-070AF6D5D54C}"="0"

I have saved this as a .reg file and use it (double click it) when IE won't open. For some reason, this change does not stay set permanently though it sticks long enough for me to access and manage all cameras when I need to.

More info here (a suggestion here is to add this as a scheduled task for "on logon" if you want to be always applied when you start the computer, for me it doesn't work as my Blueiris server is always on)