Are there any A19 form IR light bulbs for night vision?

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried looking online for some infrared A19 form light bulbs, and not sure if I just was not using the search terms, or if they just don't exist? I see some IR lights that are A19 but they are like warming/heat lights, I don't want that.

I recently got an Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI and it is pretty nice, but I noticed at night, if I have my regular driveway lights on, it switches into a color mode that leaves some areas really dark in the shadows. These same dark areas look good under normal night vision (if my driveway white lights are off), but the edges of the view are a tad dark since it is so wide angle. I know there are a lot of direct powered IR illuminators, and I might just have to get one of those, but before I did I was wondering if there are any IR bulbs I can just plug into my existing outside lights, rather than running some new power to specialized illuminators? Maybe I should just give up on this idea and buy the right equipment for the job, but wanted to ask here in case anyone had found A19 bulbs that work for IR illumination of night vision cameras.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IR lights are typically directional aren't they?
Not entirely sure you would get something that's just a standard bulb shape.

EDIT:
A quick search shows that you should be able to find what you're after.
Try searching for E26 or E27 (not sure which you use in America) instead of A19.

Last edited:

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IR lights are typically directional aren't they?
Thanks for the reply... and yes after looking into all of this a bit more, I think they're directional for a reason, it would probably be a lot of wasted energy just lighting up everything. Also I think some dedicated IR lights for cameras auto-run only when it is dark, but other regular bulbs will probably be on all the time, wasting more energy. So.... I guess I'll just have to use those and run a power cord for one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried looking online for some infrared A19 form light bulbs, and not sure if I just was not using the search terms, or if they just don't exist? I see some IR lights that are A19 but they are like warming/heat lights, I don't want that.

I recently got an Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI and it is pretty nice, but I noticed at night, if I have my regular driveway lights on, it switches into a color mode that leaves some areas really dark in the shadows. These same dark areas look good under normal night vision (if my driveway white lights are off), but the edges of the view are a tad dark since it is so wide angle. I know there are a lot of direct powered IR illuminators, and I might just have to get one of those, but before I did I was wondering if there are any IR bulbs I can just plug into my existing outside lights, rather than running some new power to specialized illuminators? Maybe I should just give up on this idea and buy the right equipment for the job, but wanted to ask here in case anyone had found A19 bulbs that work for IR illumination of night vision cameras.