Are there any professional monitoring services?

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I already have a complete Blue IRIS system setup. 8 Cameras all exterior facing for the property. I'm trying to get a monitored alarm system by simplisafe or someone else that ties into the police / fire and allows me to get an insurance discount.... but.... I don't want to have to rip down my cameras and then have them install there bogus cameras. I want to find someone who can monitor my own setup. Is that possible? Is there any service out there that will monitor a blue iris system?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there are services like Remote Video Surveillance CCTV Monitoring System Services (they've posted a lot of videos in the camera captures forum here, just none recently). I don't know how they work or what they charge, but it probably isn't affordable for an average homeowner.

Anyway, you don't need cameras integrated with a monitored alarm system. Cameras are far too unreliable for automated intrusion detection anyway. The only way services like Ring and Wyze can offer monitoring for $5 or $10 a month is by only responding to tripped door/window/etc sensors which are much more reliable than cameras. Then if they happen to benefit from integrated cameras, which I doubt, then you could just add one or two of them. No need to take down a functioning Blue Iris setup.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cameras are for surveillance, what happens after the fact. The alarms from cameras are just to slow and unrealiable to be useful for a real home security system.

Go with an alarm system, with multiple loud (+120 Db) sirens. Outside flashing red lights, break glass sensor, open doors, open window sensors. Inside motion sensor, if you do not have pets. Cell service backup.

I built my own wired system, and pay for local monitoring. Make sure the alarm system is registered with the cops if required in your area.