Are there better ways to review recordings?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I keep my recording as BI files today I need to scan through a bunch of videos to find WHEN and How something happened. It's almost impossible to do this w/o sitting there watching frame by frame.

There's no way to drag slider and fast preview frames.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I keep my recording as BI files today I need to scan through a bunch of videos to find WHEN and How something happened. It's almost impossible to do this w/o sitting there watching frame by frame.

There's no way to drag slider and fast preview frames.
You can drag the time line or watch the video sped up (keep pushing the play butting and it will go up to 256x)..

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dragging the time line is fine if you want to jump to certain times I tried the play button approach but all it does is pause the frame. Pressing and holding the fast foward button slows down the frame, this is useful once you find the time you need to review. :(

On other video players, you can drag the timeline and it'll give you frame by frame preview based on the speed you drag the bar.

Beside the ability to review the video as it's being record, do I lose anything else if I change the file format from bvr to say AVI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dragging the time line is fine if you want to jump to certain times I tried the play button approach but all it does is pause the frame. Pressing and holding the fast foward button slows down the frame, this is useful once you find the time you need to review. :(

On other video players, you can drag the timeline and it'll give you frame by frame preview based on the speed you drag the bar.

Beside the ability to review the video as it's being record, do I lose anything else if I change the file format from bvr to say AVI?
What exact version of blue iris are you using? Repetitive click to the play button will double the playback speed up to 256x. You can also scrub the timeline like other players. Something is not working properly. Also remember that if you are using combine and cut, the timeline may indicate video when there is nothing there..but if you scrub over the portions of the timeline that video is present, it will work just fine.
avi has a 1gb file size limit..bvr format is the most efficient.