Are there ever any sales?

ktoen

n3wb
Reaction score
I've checked both the AliExpress and Amazon shops every now and then and have been curious, are there ever any sales or are they just priced as-is year round?

I've been looking to get 6-7 cameras (probably 5442s) + mounts but have been waiting a bit as for better deals on a good SFF computer for Blue Iris and some more Cat6 cable for my network.

Also, what are the best mounts to get, or do they already come able to be mounted? I have stucco/studs/drywall for my exterior, no real underside mounting spots available besides my entryway.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Good choice on the 5442, and on getting them from Andy if that's where you were looking. The real benefit of using mounting boxes is that you can drill a small hole for the cable, feed, and terminate outside. You can then put the connector in the box. Without a box, you have to drill a much larger hole in the wall to feed the RJ45 connector through.

I use the Dahua mounting boxes, have had good luck with them, they look good, and they are pretty cheap

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've checked both the AliExpress and Amazon shops every now and then and have been curious, are there ever any sales or are they just priced as-is year round?

I've been looking to get 6-7 cameras (probably 5442s) + mounts but have been waiting a bit as for better deals on a good SFF computer for Blue Iris and some more Cat6 cable for my network.

Also, what are the best mounts to get, or do they already come able to be mounted? I have stucco/studs/drywall for my exterior, no real underside mounting spots available besides my entryway.
Rarely.
Email Andy directly and tell him the number of cams you want, he'll send you a price.