Are you ready for a EMP attack?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya Know,
Last year after hearing chatter early on of a monkeypox outbreak, It always seems the higher ups seem to project or predict what will come next. For years I have been hearing about a EMP attack on our grid be it man made or Mother nature doing the deed.
Could this be the answer to all your Emp Needs? like a vaccine on all your electrical equipment...:D Somebody sent me this, I think other Companies are doing the same thing, what do you all think.

EMP Sheild

setch

n3wb
Reaction score
Reminds of the the Y2K fiasco, lot of people made money out of something that never happened.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A little box with some thin wires sticking out is supposed to protect your home, your car, or your generator from high levels of electromagnetic energy?

:rofl:
Even if it did... it wouldn't matter since everything else around you will be fried.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do worry about EMP but I'm pretty sure that stupid little thing isn't going to help at all.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya Know,
Last year after hearing chatter early on of a monkeypox outbreak, It always seems the higher ups seem to project or predict what will come next. For years I have been hearing about a EMP attack on our grid be it man made or Mother nature doing the deed.
Could this be the answer to all your Emp Needs? like a vaccine on all your electrical equipment...:D Somebody sent me this, I think other Companies are doing the same thing, what do you all think.

EMP Sheild
This device will not protect any electrical / electronic device from a nuclear EMP source. EMP is well understood and is in use all over the world by almost every modern Government. The primary method of EMP protection is via shielding. Next is directing and dissipating the frequency and energy somewhere else.

That somewhere else is almost always to Earth Ground . . .

Other secondary methods is to insure all board level components are spec'd to have the highest quality and voltage rating possible given a specific use case and design. Other layered methods incorporated into a true EMP Solution involves isolation of various compartments from one another.

This device is simply a SPD / TVSS (Surge Protector) nothing else . . . :facepalm:

It's marketed to the stupid and those who don't understand basic science and electricity. :banghead: I can't speak to how well this device would operate as a SPD / TVSS as they don't indicate any UL 1449 specifications besides lots of word salads in their advert. UL 1449 certification is and has NO relevance / relationship to EMP - None!

A quick review of their web page doesn't even offer any written documentation of the let through, VPR, MCOV. Their literature states this device meets and passed the:

I could probably spend a lifetime talking about how this tiny plastic device doesn't even come close to offering EMP protection whether it be from the sun or worse a in the air nuclear detonation.
  • MIL-STD-188-125-1 <- This is related to HEMP (High Altitude EMP) bull shit

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know your luck, very well. I have much the same issue from time to time. :(
Besides, cell phones will be useless as all the cell towers will be down along with all your home modems/routers so the laptop will not work as well..

But what @PatPend said is true. After the EPM strike the zombies will be out as the start of "The Purge" has begun.

Reaction score
In my case, I keep some passwords and other "useful" data on my cell phone notepad.
Protecting that memory is of utmost importance.
Of course, if the zombies are out, does it really matter?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The only electronics that may be useful are a short wave radio or CB or walkie talkies.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
In my case, I keep some passwords and other "useful" data on my cell phone notepad.
Protecting that memory is of utmost importance.
Of course, if the zombies are out, does it really matter?
Wait wut? Passwords? The only password you'll need after we are cast back into the stone age is the one to answer "Halt, who goes there?". And the phone numbers and texting, well.....

1661369381917.png