Art museum security

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ya never know, could be a cheap china unit inside and the PT part still being done by the old casing, or its just there as a deterrent

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
ya never know, could be a cheap china unit inside and the PT part still being done by the old casing, or its just there as a deterrent
I was thinking the same thing. Decoy or deterrent. It fits what people expect to see when they think "security camera". We have a couple of these on the outside of the building where I work. Unused, but we leave them up for the lovely architectural statement they make, and the fact that they fulfill people's expectations. :)

Reaction score
I wonder if @bababouy had a few of these "architectural statements" at some of his sites if it would help cut down on some of the crazy stuff. That thing looks like a monster, and like they take security seriously (at least for a layperson). If the art is worth anything, lets hope they have at least as many discrete mini-domes as these behemoths.

Sometimes I use Google Reverse Image Search, but in this case it thinks this is either an Instant Camera or possibly an old Sewing Machine!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Decoy or deterrent. It fits what people expect to see when they think "security camera". We have a couple of these on the outside of the building where I work. Unused, but we leave them up for the lovely architectural statement they make, and the fact that they fulfill people's expectations. :)
Yep....just needs that Hollywood touch: a red LED blinking at 1 pulse per second @ 50% duty cycle.