Assistance with 110 box availability

wpix123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

After doing some research on this forum, I purchased A NVR with 4 wifi dome cameras, I chose laview as they are hikvision clones with a 8ch Poe NVR.

My question is as follows: where is a reputable place online or in NYC to get the 110 boxes for dome camera outside mounting for a good price and would they fit with the screw hole positions.

The camera I purchased is this one:

Laview 4mp wifi
http://www.laviewsecurity.com/files/datasheet/LV-PWD50402-W.pdf

Thanks in advance
David from ny

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

After doing some research on this forum, I purchased A NVR with 4 wifi dome cameras, I chose laview as they are hikvision clones with a 8ch Poe NVR.

My question is as follows: where is a reputable place online or in NYC to get the 110 boxes for dome camera outside mounting for a good price and would they fit with the screw hole positions.

The camera I purchased is this one:

Laview 4mp wifi
http://www.laviewsecurity.com/files/datasheet/LV-PWD50402-W.pdf

Thanks in advance
David from ny

Dome cameras = bad choice
Wifi = bad choice...

wpix123

n3wb
Reaction score
Dome cameras = bad choice
Wifi = bad choice...
Cameras are able to use Ethernet ax well don't plan use wifi. Got wifi model as has as sd card slot. Also have 60 day return policy they pay return shipping if not pleased

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Power is provided on the ethernet cable in via 802.3af PoE.. but those are quite poor choice in cameras.

wpix123

n3wb
Reaction score
Power is provided on the ethernet cable in via 802.3af PoE.. but those are quite poor choice in cameras.
what makes them such a poor choice

wpix123

n3wb
Reaction score
Nayr what makes them such a poor choice?

I thought dome would be equivalent focal length as bullet but with bullet they are able to see where it is looking with dome harder? Should I exchange for the bullet?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
domes are a bundle of problems; they get dirty/water spots, catch reflections at side angles and fog up the dome, get sunburn when exposed to UV, attract bugs like no tomorrow... I could go on.

also any camera that uses an array of round diode LED's surrounding the lens also suck.. dome or bullet.. get a camera that uses one or two very bright and directional LED's instead of 25 very dim omni-directional LED's

wpix123

n3wb
Reaction score
Which cam do you recommend