Asterisk after camera name in camera view

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not all have one, what does it mean? Thanks

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a copy of an existing cameras IP address? Meaning, you have 2 of the same display ports from 1 camera.

If you add the same camera (same ip address), you must use a different name. It will have an '*' after it. I noticed this on 2 cameras I did this too. I did this to make it easier to see the different zone alerts in the timeline (different color cameras). This can also be done for using AOI - which is awsome!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's a copy of an existing cameras IP address? Meaning, you have 2 of the same display ports from 1 camera.

If you add the same camera (same ip address), you must use a different name. It will have an '*' after it. I noticed this on 2 cameras I did this too. I did this to make it easier to see the different zone alerts in the timeline (different color cameras). This can also be done for using AOI - which is awsome!
Thanks, I have 3 cameras and I also have a copy of each camera for doing different triggers without alerting. The odd thing is that I have 3 cameras and their copy is named differently and the asterisk is at the end of 2 of the copies and one original.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same think happened to me a few times, with a copy of a camera not having an '*' at the end. Didn't figure out why. I did notice that both the long & short names appeared in the camera title. I just deleted the copy and re added it, and it got the '*'.