Asus DoS Protection and remote viewing issues

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For those using standard port forwarding (no vpn) with asus and possibly other routers...I have found that when DoS protection is enabled, the app will load live view and video images slowly....disabling it (or being local and/or using vpn) makes everything instantaneous....

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I have a TP-Link router that has the following settings, which I think accomplish the same thing as DoS protection:

Enable ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering
ICMP-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

Enable UDP-FLOOD Filtering
UDP-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

Enable TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering
TCP-SYN-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

They are all currently enabled. To accomplish what you are talking about, do I disable one or all of them or can I set the packet number high and accomplish the same thing, or am I completely off base here since my knowledge of routers is minimal?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I have a TP-Link router that has the following settings, which I think accomplish the same thing as DoS protection:

Enable ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering
ICMP-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

Enable UDP-FLOOD Filtering
UDP-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

Enable TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering
TCP-SYN-FLOOD Packets Threshold (5 ~ 3600): Packets/s

They are all currently enabled. To accomplish what you are talking about, do I disable one or all of them or can I set the packet number high and accomplish the same thing, or am I completely off base here since my knowledge of routers is minimal?
should be TCP...easy to test...first, disable all of them and see if it makes any difference...if not, then re-enable them...if yes, then enable one by one to find the culprit....