Audio for Amcrrst IP2M-853EW

JB9202

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping for assistance. I recently installed the Amcrest IP2M-853EW for a friend. The specs say the camera allows 2-way audio and there are audio in, audio out, and ground cables on the cam, which my friend wants to utilize. Only problem is they are open wires with rca or other head on them. I asked Amcrest costumer service what they'd recommend I do to make this work and all they gave me was a "do not" list so as not to void the warranty.

I'm hoping to find any viable suggestions. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping for assistance. I recently installed the Amcrest IP2M-853EW for a friend. The specs say the camera allows 2-way audio and there are audio in, audio out, and ground cables on the cam, which my friend wants to utilize. Only problem is they are open wires with rca or other head on them. I asked Amcrest costumer service what they'd recommend I do to make this work and all they gave me was a "do not" list so as not to void the warranty.

I'm hoping to find any viable suggestions. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
For the mic your will need a powered microphone for the speaker you will need a speaker and and amplifier. There are threads on both.

JB9202

n3wb
Reaction score
For the mic your will need a powered microphone for the speaker you will need a speaker and and amplifier. There are threads on both.
Could I possibly bother you for a suggestion on equipment or helpful threads... If you know of any off hand.

JB9202

n3wb
Reaction score
Also thinking about it, the Amcrest DVR system has audio in and out rca ports. Would that work for an intercom system?