Audio for Dahua-SD22204T-GN

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just recently bought this camera in Ebay and aware that it doesnt have built in Mic but after seeing image of this in google I notice that it only has a ethernet IN and 12v IN. Is it possible to install Extermal Mic to this camera?btw, I m going to use BI as recorder,tnx.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just recently bought this camera in Ebay and aware that it doesnt have built in Mic but after seeing image of this in google I notice that it only has a ethernet IN and 12v IN. Is it possible to install Extermal Mic to this camera?btw, I m going to use BI as recorder,tnx.
no

Reaction score
I know this thread is from last year but I also have an SD22204T-GN. Beside the ethernet in port and power port, it has three wires marked audio. Black, white and red. The install instruction makes no mention of this and the graphic illustration doesn't even show these wires. Just says audio on the red wire, not whether it's in or out. Anyone familiar with this??? Thanks!!!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this thread is from last year but I also have an SD22204T-GN. Beside the ethernet in port and power port, it has three wires marked audio. Black, white and red. The install instruction makes no mention of this and the graphic illustration doesn't even show these wires. Just says audio on the red wire, not whether it's in or out. Anyone familiar with this??? Thanks!!!
Just try it while on the bench. With your mic, connect one wire to the black (common) then temporarily attach the other mic wire to one of the others.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where do you see those three cables on the SD22204T-GN??

I have the same camera, and there are no cables for audio besides the DC and Ethernet jack. And in the web interface, there are no settings for audio. So i am very curious if you are talking about exactly the same camera :)

Reaction score
yes, same cam, same exact number and letters. Although it is the 3.6 mm model and not the 2.8mm. Maybe something newly added? Unfortunately, the one with the wires is now mounted. I’m expecting another that if it das the same wires I will experiment with to see