Audio Gain

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Very rookie question, when adjusting the audio gain in BI, there is "gain" and "sensitivity". How to I tweak these t get the loudest and clearest audio possible? Does higher gain = louder AUDIO?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very rookie question, when adjusting the audio gain in BI, there is "gain" and "sensitivity". How to I tweak these t get the loudest and clearest audio possible? Does higher gain = louder AUDIO?
Gain will make it louder but too much will cause distortion.
The sensitivity does not adjust the audio volume, it is used only to determine when to trigger the camera if you have selected the option to trigger on audio.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also found that setting the audio sample rate on Dahua camera GUI to 48K produced the clearest audio.

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
One of my cams, I'm getting a large amount of ambient noise (there's no real noise, it's an internal office), which affects me hearing the main audio in the room. Is there a way to play around with that?

Example: Even with no one in the room, and no machinery operating, etc, there is a loud buzzing noise.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my cams, I'm getting a large amount of ambient noise (there's no real noise, it's an internal office), which affects me hearing the main audio in the room. Is there a way to play around with that?

Example: Even with no one in the room, and no machinery operating, etc, there is a loud buzzing noise.
What camera?