Audio in live mode, but not recorded

rscott78

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Foscam cameras of various models. I can hear audio when I'm viewing them in livemode in BI. In the Camera Properties/Audio tab, I have "Record audio during profiles" selected along with all profiles. I can also force audio to trigger a recording and even when that happens, I get no audio in the recorded playback.

Thoughts on what might be going on?

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this same problem with a Dahua IPC-HDW4300C. Can hear audio just fine on live feed, but no luck when recording and playing back clips. Does a separate path to the audio have to be specified on the IP Camera configuration? [h=1][/h]

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check the output setting on blue iris options > audio
For my installation I have the following options under blue iris options > audio under the Output section:

(Not Specified)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Cyberlink Audio Renderer (PDVD9)
Default Directsound Device
Default Waveout Device
DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
DirectSound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

"(Not Specified)" is the only option that allows live sound playback through my PC speakers and does not allow playback of sound for recorded clips. All other options have no sound either live or recorded.

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For my installation I have the following options under blue iris options > audio under the Output section:

(Not Specified)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Cyberlink Audio Renderer (PDVD9)
Default Directsound Device
Default Waveout Device
DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
DirectSound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

"(Not Specified)" is the only option that allows live sound playback through my PC speakers and does not allow playback of sound for recorded clips. All other options have no sound either live or recorded.
I'm happy to report version 4 solved this issue for me. Clip playback audio is working now.