audio more useful than I thought

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Read a nextdoor post this morning from a neighbor about a block away on the corner, that a car missed the intersection, jumped the curb and did some instant re-landscaping in their yard. Completely took out a bush before vanishing down the intersecting street towards me. I had a look and didn't see anything obvious on the cameras, although one SUV was going faster than usual. But then listening to the audio, I heard clearly the squealing tires and the impact, with continuing squealing tires around the next turn and the engine revving continually louder and closer until the SUV roared past. So the audio made it quite obvious which car it was, even though the main action was well out of sight a block away. Listen with the sound turned up.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read a nextdoor post this morning from a neighbor about a block away on the corner, that a car missed the intersection, jumped the curb and did some instant re-landscaping in their yard. Completely took out a bush before vanishing down the intersecting street towards me. I had a look and didn't see anything obvious on the cameras, although one SUV was going faster than usual. But then listening to the audio, I heard clearly the squealing tires and the impact, with continuing squealing tires around the next turn and the engine revving continually louder and closer until the SUV roared past. So the audio made it quite obvious which car it was, even though the main action was well out of sight a block away. Listen with the sound turned up.
Nice plate capture, did you report it?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I would report it. There may be much more going on than you know. Good license plate capture.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I shared it with the homeowner who in turn did report it. However apparently our local boys in blue are not so much interested in "reckless driving" as they said- even though he actually clipped a parked car in the driveway too, so I would think it was at least technically a hit and run. With that kind of driving, I thought the car might have been stolen.