Audio on Dahua Starlights

sibi78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Another newbie question. In some of Dahua starlight specs, it says " Audio: Built in Mic" and in others I see "1/1 Alarm in/out, 1/1 audio in/out". I presume they mean the same thing except the alarm part. Also, for such cameras, the audio comes for free without any extra hardware/cables etc, right? Or do I need extra setup steps to get the audio captured along with the video?

Specifically, I was looking at this model:Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE and was interested to know if audio would work out of the box or not.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Another newbie question. In some of Dahua starlight specs, it says " Audio: Built in Mic" and in others I see "1/1 Alarm in/out, 1/1 audio in/out". I presume they mean the same thing except the alarm part. Also, for such cameras, the audio comes for free without any extra hardware/cables etc, right? Or do I need extra setup steps to get the audio captured along with the video?

Specifically, I was looking at this model:Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE and was interested to know if audio would work out of the box or not.

Thanks!
They don't mean the same thing. That particular camera there a mic only. There is no audio in and out connection. Most cameras have one, the other, or none,though there are some models that have both.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) If a person has 4 of these cams on a Blue Iris computer, is that all they need to hear sound from all 4 cams?
2) Can you hear sound from all 4 at once or do you need to choose them individually?
3) and this is listening only - not 2 way I am sure (just confirming).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks!
Typically, the ones spec'd as "1/1 Alarm in/out, 1/1 audio in/out" mean's that with extra equipment, you can add audio, and a small amplifier to have two way audio. To add audio, something like this: Bullet Mic Review | IP Cam Talk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) If a person has 4 of these cams on a Blue Iris computer, is that all they need to hear sound from all 4 cams?
2) Can you hear sound from all 4 at once or do you need to choose them individually?
3) and this is listening only - not 2 way I am sure (just confirming).
1-yes, if they have builtin mics.
2-can be setup that way
3-the ones that state: " 1/1 audio in/out" is capable of two way audio, with optional equipment.

Study this: Cliff Notes