audio problems on dlink dcs-2670l

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi all

yes its dlink, but I have to work with what I have!

so dlink dcs-2670l, can get video fine but audio is either not there or squeaky. I have tried all the dlink dropdown options and the find/inspect to add the camera as generic but no joy

camera firmware is latest (v2) and latest blue iris (4.7.6.2)
may I also add I have dcs-960l, dcs-7010l and 2 x dcs-2332 all work fine with blue iris

also tried changing format of audio to rtsp and obviously checked audio in native dlink app an it works great

image.png

Attachments

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Solved.

Gain% in audio setting on blueiris 98% works. (Default 100%) causes distortion and clipping

I wouldnt have thought 2 % would make all the difference

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same issue, what did you put for audio url path and the other settings?

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same issue, what did you put for audio url path and the other settings?
in the end I removed and re-added the camera as a generic. screenshot below. my only issue now is even hardwired I get 2 or 3 no signal warnings a day
cri+H%LJTGOC%xTlZ8Y79A.jpg

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I'll try and see if I get any signal losses, mine is also wired.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Man the DCS-2670L are just plain garbage, been using them with BlueIris for several years now and both keep losing connection with BlueIris pretty frequently for no apparent reason. They do work if I use the Dlink's page via the cams ip address so something happens on the RTSP stream I'm guessing...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man the DCS-2670L are just plain garbage, been using them with BlueIris for several years now and both keep losing connection with BlueIris pretty frequently for no apparent reason. They do work if I use the Dlink's page via the cams ip address so something happens on the RTSP stream I'm guessing...
But are you running the Dlink page 24/7 and is it showing if it is losing connection? Just logging in for a bit and be like "yep camera still works" is a lot different than feeding a stream constantly. Most of these consumer grade wifi cams like this are not designed to transmit video 24/7.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I only use the dlink page when I notice BlueIris is no longer streaming the video...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I only use the dlink page when I notice BlueIris is no longer streaming the video...
Exactly my point...

Set-up in Blue Iris under Watch Dog to send a restart command and reboot command to the camera with a loss of signal and see if that gets it going for you.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@T_Tronix Your dropouts are due to WiFi problems. WiFi was never designed for surveillance cameras use. Surveillance cameras send a constant, never ending, non-buffered stream. One dropped packet starts a cascade effect that ends with a drop out. When you watch a movie the download is buffered and stops, then starts and repeats that same start-stop pattern allowing for occasional lost packets to be recovered easily.

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
as some one who has this cam and bi for years, the only reliable 24/7 way was with wifi on a mesh router. I tried several patch cables , full copper external , and it would still drop out.

I also for privacy eventually disabled the dlink side by changing the default gateway in the cam. I set up a ntp on the bi sever for clock on cam. was reliable after that but not hard wired. it is possible the fly lead on the cam is flaky bent into a junction box etc

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How did you "disabled the dlink side by changing the default gateway in the cam"?

as some one who has this cam and bi for years, the only reliable 24/7 way was with wifi on a mesh router. I tried several patch cables , full copper external , and it would still drop out.

I also for privacy eventually disabled the dlink side by changing the default gateway in the cam. I set up a ntp on the bi sever for clock on cam. was reliable after that but not hard wired. it is possible the fly lead on the cam is flaky bent into a junction box etc

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How did you "disabled the dlink side by changing the default gateway in the cam"?
log onto cam, then go into network settings and change default gateway and dns to 0.0.0.0. 1 cam didn't like that so I changed it to ip of bi server, but same effect. stops cams "calling home" as this particular has downloaded malware before

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try this out and see if things get any better :)