Audio Stream and HIGH CPU

Reaction score
Hi All

I am in the process of deploying a new BI installation at a location where we've inherited 60 Sibell bullet cams with audio mics on board. Our ops manager would like the audio feeds recorded from all channels if possible.

I was able to successfully setup these cams in BI5 with the audio channels enabled however it seems like the addition of the audio stream is taxing the CPU and generating a ton of LAN traffic.

Is this to be expected with BI and so many audio streams feeding at once? Any tips or suggestions on how to accomplish this setup without the CPU bottleneck?

The machine is run i g i7-9600K with 16GB RAM win10 pro clean install.

Appreciate the advice in advance!
-Ryan

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed audio streams demand too much CPU before, but then I haven't tried to install 60 with audio on one system before either.

I think Blue Iris doesn't actually record audio "directly to disk" when you use Direct-to-disc. It re-encodes the audio for some reason. Try unchecking the "Use FLAC audio compression" box on the same page where you specify Direct-to-disc. Maybe that will be more efficient? If it does anything at all?