Audio

Cam Neuton

n3wb
Reaction score
So far I've seen all posts are related to video, but I admit that I haven't done a search for audio.

Does anyone know if audio can be incorporated into the Ethernet stream that carries the video? Does anyone know of microphones that can hear voices from 30 feet in a somewhat unidirectional cone - say about 30-90 degrees?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but I admit that I haven't done a search for audio.
Search Results for Query: audio microphone | IP Cam Talk
Does anyone know if audio can be incorporated into the Ethernet stream that carries the video?
Yes, it can.
Does anyone know of microphones that can hear voices from 30 feet in a somewhat unidirectional cone - say about 30-90 degrees?
I haven't - but perhaps others may have tried one out.

Cam Neuton

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the laws in this state applying to audio seem to be more stringent than video; however, I've conducted an exhaustive search of the statutes and it appears to be legal to record voice when the person(s) cannot expect reasonable privacy. It goes on to give examples like if someone can hear you talking from the adjacent property, sidewalk, street or other public property.

With that in mind, someone else said that audio can be mixed into the Ethernet stream with video. Does anyoneknow of a good microphone that has a reach of 30-50 feet in a 30-90 degree direction?