Auto Cycle camera group on UI

Vasiley

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had a update yesterday version 5.0.6.0 x64 .... I have several camera groups .. IE indoor camera and outdoor cams.... The Monitor attached to workstation I would like to be able to cycle in fullscreen on outdoor group only. I was able to do this prior to update and have tried everything to make that happen. I always get indoor cameras also.

Thanks in advance
Vasiley

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I'm seeing similar issues with 5.0.6.0 x64. Now when I try to have the cameras cycle through only one group (for example, the two cameras that are in the "front patrol" group on my setup), it insists on cycling through all 9 of my cameras. I think it used to be that if I only wanted to cycle through the cameras in one group, then I would go to that group, expand to fullscreen and then select one of the two cameras.

I'm guessing this is something with that update and I didnt notice it until today.

I still can't determine what to set to keep the patrol only inside of that one group. I'll keep poking.

Last edited:

Vasiley

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for seeing same problem (I feel sane now)
... I have done everything including marking cameras as hidden and etc ... I have always been able to do this but since yesterday its been a no go.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
friendly bump in hopes that someone else either IS or IS NOT seeing this. I'm speculating this might have something to do with the recent update to 5.0.6.0 x64. Do I have my auto-cycle settings correct for what I want?

To rehash:
I try to have the cameras cycle through only one group (for example, the two cameras that are in the "front patrol" group on my setup), it insists on cycling through all 9 of my cameras. I think it used to be that if I only wanted to cycle through the cameras in one group, then I would go to that group, expand to fullscreen and then select one of the two cameras.

What should we have checked here to see only the cameras in this single group?
patrol autocycle settings.jpg

To add, I just updated to 5.0.6.2 and still seeing the same behavior.

Another behavior I've noticed, not sure if it behaved this way before but if I'm set to a single group ("front patrol") and turn on the autocycle, go full screen then it will cycle through every camera I own. If I try to use the L< R> keys on the keyboard to hop forwards and backwards, then it will only go to the two cameras that I have in that group. Its like the autocycle is displaying everything but if you manually cycle, then it stays to the 2 cameras in that group.

Last edited:

Vasiley

n3wb
Reaction score
@area651 I was able to get cycle to work correctly .....
1) move to desktop frame
2) saw a small window of camera group
3) click on it and maximize
4) the auto cycle it

not sure we should have to go through these steps but it worked at least

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
updated again today now to 5.0.6.3 and still seeing the same behavior. Auto-cycle still seems to cycle through every camera in the system regardless of settings. I've tried to determine if I'm doing anything wrong and I dont' think so.
anyone else seeing this?

Vasiley

n3wb
Reaction score
i still have indoor cameras hidden but it works for me

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i still have indoor cameras hidden but it works for me
Isn't that like taking 3 flat tires off your car and saying "I have no flats on my car!" lol.....I'm kidding but seriously, If I remove all the other cameras then yeah, it will only cycle through what you can see.

Vasiley

n3wb
Reaction score
Your totally right... I dont understand the mess up with the new updates ....and i only had to enable one from from indoor cameras and it cycled all cameras i own

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok....confirmed. I uninstalled BI5 (actually did full windows install again just in case) and then installed. I tried the auto-cycle from the install (installed version from my cd was 5.0.0.57) and it worked great. It only auto-cycled though the cameras in the specific groups. The only way to auto-cycle through all 9 of my cameras was to select "All Cameras" drop-down in the upper right of the screen. THIS is what I think is accepted, normal behavior. I then let it do an update to 5.0.6.4 and it would not auto-cycle to only the specific group.

To "fix things", I uninstalled the software (rebooted just in case) and then installed again off the cd (which set met to v5.0.0.57) and disabled any sort of auto-update.

Lesson learned was:
1. use Settings>Export Settings to save your settings before changing or updating. If anything borks, you can uninstall, then install from the cd again, import your settings quickly & easily.
2. disable Settings>Software Support & Maintenance>prompt at startup, re-check, & Automatic download and install. Whenever I want to do an update, I'll export my settings first in case I want to go back to the cd install.

I'm sure the creator of BI is doing a great job, the auto-cycle is just kind of broken as of 5.0.6.0 & still broken as of 5.0.6.4. I'm confident he'll get it fixed eventually. I just wanted to let people know as of what I'm seeing now & how to mitigate it.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok....confirmed. I uninstalled BI5 (actually did full windows install again just in case) and then installed. I tried the auto-cycle from the install (installed version from my cd was 5.0.0.57) and it worked great. It only auto-cycled though the cameras in the specific groups. The only way to auto-cycle through all 9 of my cameras was to select "All Cameras" drop-down in the upper right of the screen. THIS is what I think is accepted, normal behavior. I then let it do an update to 5.0.6.4 and it would not auto-cycle to only the specific group.

To "fix things", I uninstalled the software (rebooted just in case) and then installed again off the cd (which set met to v5.0.0.57) and disabled any sort of auto-update.

Lesson learned was:
1. use Settings>Export Settings to save your settings before changing or updating. If anything borks, you can uninstall, then install from the cd again, import your settings quickly & easily.
2. disable Settings>Software Support & Maintenance>prompt at startup, re-check, & Automatic download and install. Whenever I want to do an update, I'll export my settings first in case I want to go back to the cd install.

I'm sure the creator of BI is doing a great job, the auto-cycle is just kind of broken as of 5.0.6.0 & still broken as of 5.0.6.4. I'm confident he'll get it fixed eventually. I just wanted to let people know as of what I'm seeing now & how to mitigate it.
if you dont email support to report the issue it wont get fixed. By installing an early release of new software, you are opening yourself up to other, likely more debilitating bugs than just reporting the issue and waiting for it to be resolved.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Lesson learned was:

Install this: Blue Iris Update Helper (BiUpdateHelper)

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you dont email support to report the issue it wont get fixed. By installing an early release of new software, you are opening yourself up to other, likely more debilitating bugs than just reporting the issue and waiting for it to be resolved.
touche'.....

I searched "bug" in the help file of BI5 and also in the Wiki here, I didn't get any results. Do we have it documented somewhere on where/how to report bugs?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ah...now that does look handy. Since I don't have the updates between the cd install and the current version available, is there a repository somewhere, or does someone have an update past v5.0.0.57 that would get me "more current" and still have auto-cycle working correctly?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ah...now that does look handy. Since I don't have the updates between the cd install and the current version available, is there a repository somewhere, or does someone have an update past v5.0.0.57 that would get me "more current" and still have auto-cycle working correctly?
Here is the 64bit version, 5.0.5.9 I'll leave this up for 24hrs.
Download here.