Auto tracking movement?

Matthew R

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a function of Blue Iris, or an add on to it that could enable automatic (software) tracking of movement on PTZ cameras?

The PTZ cameras I have don't have movement autotracking built in, so I was wondering if there was a way of doing this via the Blue Iris software itself?

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew R

n3wb
Reaction score
In iSpyconnect software (Blue Iris alternative), it can use the object tracking inside the application to control the PTZ functions of your camera to follow the movement that the software detected.

So in a similar way, when Blue Iris object tracking detected movement and activated the recording of the stream, Blue Iris could then take automatic control of the PTZ functions of the camera to keep the detected movement inside the view of the camera if it's within the movement capabilities of the camera.

Blue Iris would need to start moving the PTZ camera when the tracking started moving towards the edge of the video and pan, tilt or zoom the camera to attempt to keep the tracked object visible.

That's what I was looking for, but couldn't find so far in Blue Iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In iSpyconnect software (Blue Iris alternative), it can use the object tracking inside the application to control the PTZ functions of your camera to follow the movement that the software detected.

So in a similar way, when Blue Iris object tracking detected movement and activated the recording of the stream, Blue Iris could then take automatic control of the PTZ functions of the camera to keep the detected movement inside the view of the camera if it's within the movement capabilities of the camera.

Blue Iris would need to start moving the PTZ camera when the tracking started moving towards the edge of the video and pan, tilt or zoom the camera to attempt to keep the tracked object visible.

That's what I was looking for, but couldn't find so far in Blue Iris
it does not....