Auto Zoom IP camera advice please.

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for IP cameras for my drive way and front door which can do auto zoom (or tracking), prefer 4x zooming and 4MP or 2MP. I will use these cameras in blue iris. Also I want to purchase from US seller and have warranty. Thank you for your help.
Edit: Does anyone have experience with LTS CMIP9743W-SZ?

Last edited by a moderator:

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
After doing some research, I decided to go with [FONT=&quot]DAHUA DH- SD29204S - GN[/FONT]
[h=2][/h]

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. For the price ($172 shipped), it is worth to try out. When I find a better camera, I will use this camera inside.
Edit: I live in Bay Area (CA) so the weather is not bad.

Attachments

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
Ordered through Aliexpress is a pain. I ordred 5 DH-SD29204S-GN on Ali to try out. First my credit card is declined due to security reason. I had to call credit card company and talked to the fraud department to reset my card. After I made sure my credit card went through, Aliexpress canceled and closed the order next day (today) due to security reason. They want me to send them my social security, ID card and a whole bunch of documents. Forget it. I will stick with US seller.

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Q-see QCN8035Z has auto tracking or auto zoom feature? Thank you.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
auto-zoom/auto tracking is really crappy, if you are buying specifically for those features be prepared to be let down.

best to do it the other way around, zoom in on a choke point and then use a motion detection/line crossing/audio/sensors to zoom out as activity gets closer.. if you use BI you just need something that can do presets, then you can setup other cameras with wider views and MD zones that trigger the PTZ to go to a preset looking at that area.. if you can put a fixed wide angle camera up high with a bigger overall view it works great with a PTZ, your just using it as a fancy PTZ motion sensor.

better results, easier to tune, you can prioritize locations/zones even if you do it all outside the camera.. nobody has anything built in thats worth even enabling in most environments, it'll just wander around and miss the important stuff.. none of em can see anything out of frame once they are focused on something.

with this stuff though its best to buy a high speed PTZ, no point in trying to look at the mailbox if it takes 10 seconds to move and focus; the mailman has already moved on.. mine is normally looking at my car parked near the mailbox, because its high speed and has little distance to travel, its looking at the mailbox in less than half a second of the door opening.

dathoang

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Which high speed PTZ do you recommend to use with BI or Q-SEE QC8816 NVR?