Automated Backup from NVR

inthewild

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
We are (now desperately) looking for some help. We have a wildlife project that uses a remotely located Dahua bullet cam and NVR - one channel, recording at 1080p & 60fps. This system connects via a router to a local PC. We record every night and wish to automatically back up the nightly video so we can do some processing. Dahua doesn't seem to have a scheduled back up tool whereas Hikvision does, but the specs on the Hik NVR and cams don't seem to allow recording 1080p @60fps (necessary specs for our application). Does any one know if other systems match our specs and have scheduled back up to a hdd?
Thanks.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If your local PC had Blue iris, you could write to both the NVR and the Blue Iris, and the copy would reside in the " New" folder by default. and you could choose between a few file formats. You can also convert/export clips in BI. Albeit I wouldn't try to convert an entire night all in one chunk.
Screenshot 2022-05-26 235416.jpg

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So I have a Dahua recorder at 192.168.0.207. Example here is cam 3. But I also import that stream onto my PC. Simply use the same admin User;Pass as the Dahua NVR login to pull the stream over to BI. I selected Cam 3 to bring up the correct camera in Blue Iris.
Because all 8 cams have the same IP address.
Screenshot 2022-05-27 000621.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-27 000438.jpg

inthewild

n3wb
Reaction score
I really appreciate the quick response F61. Blue Iris seems like a good solution...after joining this group this morning I spent an hour or so reading up on using Blue Iris in conjunction with the NVR.....we had dismissed it before but I am encouraged to give it a try now. All the best.