Automtic export/backup of new clips

Cougar281

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been poking around in BI and I haven't been able to figure out how to automatically export clips to a location (such as FTP) whenever cameras are triggered. I'd like to have BI set up to automatically convert and export new clips generated when motion triggers recording to either a network folder or FTP server. I have BI recording in the .bvr format and direct to disk, as I don't want it constantly re-encoding, and I'd like to keep the bvr format files, and just trigger an export to MP4 and move to the network location whenever a camera is triggered. The idea behind it is if someone were to break in, by the time they find the BI server and kill it, steal it, whatever, it's already converted that video to MP4, transferred it to the Windows share or FTP server (which would be that same Windows share), and windows has already replicated it offsite using DFS replication, so they can't steal or destroy the evidence. It would be ideal, IMO, if this was a global option/setting, rather than a per camera setting.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is this not possible?

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
My question is similar but simpler, I think.

I just want to (automatically) ftp the .bvr clips to an off site location. [I can convert them later if needed...]I feel I have the "motion detection" process working for me and the clips are fine. I have enabled BI ftp transfer as well as email notices [upon motion detection] and these files do not provide me as good a record as the saved .bvr clip - they start late and cutoff early.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I do is record the camera to the BI server and directly to a backup. I use triple redundancy.
1) record to the SD card in the camera.
2) record to the BI server.
3) record to the back NAS or other computer.

To do number three (3)
1) create a auxiliary storage location on the in the BI server clips an archive tab pointing this to your nas folder.
2) The cameras you want to backup, create a new clone camera of each of the cameras
3) set the record folder for the clone cameras to the new auxiliary folder.
4) disable all motion and additional processing on the clone cameras.
5) on the clone cameras check the hidden check box.

The idea of a file back up is pure junk. The test.... break into the house and steal the BI computer. Did that go to your file backup. NO it did not it was to damn late.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would set something up on a small monitor to always be viewing your video and I guarantee the crack head will still that instead of your desktop computer.