AV20185DN-HB camera problem

dysasha

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive been using BI for a while and always liked it. recently I added two arecont 180 degree cameras with 4 streams. BI picks this us just fine, however, every day, at dusk and dawn, when switching from color to b/w. the camera loses connection, resets, comes back, and BI chooses different streams than those listed under video setup.

For example, I have camera 1 stream 1 through camera 1 stream 4 set up in order so i get a smooth panoramic view. dawn hits, and they look reorganized, but they arnt, no camera window changed place. Sometimes they are even duplicate streams, and one or more streams are missing. I have to manually go to each live view, restart the camera, and 75% of the time, its fixed, 25% of the time, it randomly chooses yet another stream.

Any ideas? I know BI wasnt designed to handle high end cameras like this, but once you get used to a product.......

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does your camera configuration in BI look like? I assume that you are using the RTSP path to get each of the streams into BI, yes?

This might be something worth contacting Ken about since you are working with a unique camera with 4 separate sensors.