Avoiding animals in alerts

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks - Does BI have in-built functionality to stop giving me alerts for cats & racoons. I have been consistently moving object size upwards and now at 603 but the camera does keep catching animals which are about 10 feet distance from it. Any way to avoid this without paying for a Sentry license

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks - Does BI have in-built functionality to stop giving me alerts for cats & racoons. I have been consistently moving object size upwards and now at 603 but the camera does keep catching animals which are about 10 feet distance from it. Any way to avoid this without paying for a Sentry license

Thanks
There is no built in AI yet. You would have to adjust the detection size. Otherwise you can use sentry at 4 bux a month its cheap.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another q - does BI have any intelligence to cancel shadows? I'm getting alerts from people walking in my front yard but it's actually their shadows. It only occurs during 1 hour of the day when the shadows are super long

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Something else that might help. This channel is a little dated now as it was from the previous version but it still applies here. Some things might have just moved around a little.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you use it? and if so, does it do a decent job?
It does for me. For a couple of years I tweeked settings to eliminate false triggers but still catch what I wanted with fairly good success.

But with Sentry it is so much easier. My settings are set to minimum size, short make time, and high definition to record even the smallest movement and let Sentry handle Alerts.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to have used Cancel shadows since I get alerts from folks walking on the sidewalk but their shadows are in my front yard but it says (depreciated)

Also, did high definition increase your CPU% - I guess BI saves a snapshot and runs the Motion sensor algorithm on an actual image and that's what this setting refers to right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use it? and if so, does it do a decent job?
Yes I do, it works very reliably. There are occasional false alerts but they are very rare. At the current price it’s a good value. I posted a link in the sentry Part of this forum Where they indicate they are going to raise prices beginning in May for new customers. I don’t know what that increase is but if it’s significant then it would change my opinion. I doubt it’s going to increase by much though.
Give their free trial a shot

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
do you know if their new product person recognition will automatically be available to current customers? That's releasing may 1 too