Axis 211 Camera Defective?

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received an Axis 211 that I'm trying to get up and running. I have no idea if it works or not.

If I hold down the control button and plug in the POE cable to reset the unit to all defaults, all 3 LEDs turn yellow and stay that way. I've held the control button down for up to a minute, no change.

When I plug a POE Ethernet cable without the control button pressed, only the Power LED turns green, status and network LEDs are off.

And sometimes when I first plug in the POE Ethernet cable, no control button pressed, the Power LED goes green for a second, then all LEDs turn yellow.

I've also tried a regular Ethernet cable and external power supply, same results.

If I plug in a Hikvision POE camera, the HV camera works so my POE and network cables seem fine.

Is the Axis 211 defective?

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is defective. It fail to load the firmware.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@ChengXin, I wonder what completely dead thread you'll resurrect for your 3rd post..

bottom of the post shows the date/time of post: Apr 23, 2016

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nayr. Ok. I am new to the forum. I know this is an old thread and the reply is too late. This is just a note to help others searching a thread that when Axis product's status indicator don't light up during the boot process, the unit's has failed to load the firmware from eeprom for one reason or another. This is still a fact in current Axis product.

For your kind guidance.